OH MAN IT'S HOT!!

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Got word from my friends in Minnesota, that they are suffering with record breaking temps and humidity - sounds nasty.

Meanwhile, here in England it is chucking it down with rain (please, no stereotype comments about our weather), I hope it gets better here - going camping on Friday. Time to choose some lights (and waterproofs).

sassaquin

Enlightened
I know places like the southwest desert are in the 100s every single summer but here in the northeast, this has been the most consistent hot summer I can remember. Near or above 90 every day this month whereas it usually just comes and goes in spurts. I will take this over the snow and cold any day.

+1

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It's so hot . . . I saw Satan giving away free snowcones.

They were all dark cherry red in color. But no one was complaining.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've spent the majority of my life in Texas and a good while in Taiwan - and all I can say is - you people who have snow and cold weather have no idea how lucky you are! You can always add clothes. When it's so hot that you can strip naked and pelt yourself with ice water in front of a brand new and perfectly functioning A/C unit vent and STILL feel hot, you'll soon be singing a different tune. If anyone that lives up north wants to trade houses with me, I'm willing to relocate! I have a feeling it's only going to get worse! I have Texas pride and all, but I need to get my family out of here. This is getting ridiculous!

Shao

Greta

Flashaholic
My pool is 92 degrees... and no, I do not have a heater for it. Our lows are in the 90's. I'm so sick of 120+ every day. I'm so sick of sweating. I'm hitting the road tomorrow just my new little puppy and me in my cute little Cube to Denver for a couple of days then east to New York. Anything is better than this freakin' desert... and I am looking forward to rain and humidity and GREEN!

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pool is 92 degrees... and no, I do not have a heater for it. Our lows are in the 90's. I'm so sick of 120+ every day. I'm so sick of sweating. I'm hitting the road tomorrow just my new little puppy and me in my cute little Cube to Denver for a couple of days then east to New York. Anything is better than this freakin' desert... and I am looking forward to rain and humidity and GREEN!

Please Greta, send some green thisaway, because I look out the window and all I see is BROWN!!!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
our city used over 200 million gallons of water yesterday... when they hit 206 million for 2 days there will be rationing.

scout24

Flashaholic
Greta- where in NY? We've got a few flashaholics just north of NYC ... :) It's been 90+ inside my shop here for a couple days straight, today, tomorrow, and Sat. are going to be worse. Can't even say it's a dry heat! Beats Saudi and Iraq, though. Back in 1990 I landed in the middle of the night straight from Ft. Lewis, Wa. and walked off the plane thinking that must be the heat from the engines... In the words of Ron White, " I was WRONG!" :) Six hottest months of my life followed.

Greta

Flashaholic
Greta- where in NY? We've got a few flashaholics just north of NYC ... :) It's been 90+ inside my shop here for a couple days straight, today, tomorrow, and Sat. are going to be worse. Can't even say it's a dry heat! Beats Saudi and Iraq, though. Back in 1990 I landed in the middle of the night straight from Ft. Lewis, Wa. and walked off the plane thinking that must be the heat from the engines... In the words of Ron White, " I was WRONG!" :) Six hottest months of my life followed.

Upstate near Albany. My Mom just got AC put in her house last month and she has a pool that hangs around 78 degrees... I think I'm going to be ok... :grin2:

mojospapi

Newly Enlightened
Just got back from 90s in Cabo and I'm visiting the inlaws in Dallas where it's 100+ only to go back to Bahston where it's going to be in the 90s. It's all about the humidity. I need another piña colada. Ugh

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a pic of the thermostat I have in my office taken yesterday.

36'C = 96.8'F

Last edited by a moderator:

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone that lives up north wants to trade houses with me, I'm willing to relocate!

Only make this offer if you're married, dude. The trade-off otherwise isn't worth it if you know what I mean :)

carrot

Flashaholic
Here in NYC today is our forecast:
Sunny...hazy...hot with highs around 102. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Heat index values up to 113.

Oh yeah, and it is extremely humid, like our summers tend to be here.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
110°F a short time ago. The AC isn't keeping up, either. I guess 5000 BTU to cool a 100 square foot room is inadequate at these kinds of temperatures.

110F.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
110°F a short time ago. The AC isn't keeping up, either. I guess 5000 BTU to cool a 100 square foot room is inadequate at these kinds of temperatures.
probably high humidity is causing a lot of the problems with AC units as they have to pull the water out of the air to lower the temperature first.

Latest posts