OH, MY! WHAT HAVE I GONE AND DONE NOW???

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you by chance have any photos of the 60" taken in front of the searchlight without the front glass in place?

I was interested in views of the arc area itself, including the mechanical, from various angles. Maybe a view taken through the open side access panel. :cool:

I got some close-up videos, years ago, of a 60" searchlight in Las Vegas. :twothumbs The owner opened up the searchlight and showed me the inner workings. I wish I had a better camera, then, and now. :candle:

CPFmirrorclose.jpg

get-lit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you by chance have any photos of the 60" taken in front of the searchlight without the front glass in place?

I was interested in views of the arc area itself, including the mechanical, from various angles. Maybe a view taken through the open side access panel. :cool:

I got some close-up videos, years ago, of a 60" searchlight in Las Vegas. :twothumbs The owner opened up the searchlight and showed me the inner workings. I wish I had a better camera, then, and now. :candle:

CPFmirrorclose.jpg

Here, I saw one not too long ago and took this picture of the lamp assembly inside...
jet_engine.jpg

Rexlion

Enlightened
Gotta get one of these babies to tow behind the camping trailer. Might be a bit hard to take to the campground restroom though...

Kuryakin

Enlightened
There's no cesium, but there is cerium, and a whole host of other rare earth salts to make it brighter, whiter, and better! And that white 'ash' all over the glass inside is pretty much all this stuff.

I'm not saying anything about whether it's cerium in the rods or not, but whoever was talking to BVH was saying "cesium" ("seizium"). And if the one-letter difference wasn't confusing enough, they are only three protons away from each other on the periodic table (Ce cerium atomic number = 58, Cs cesium = 55).