ok i finnaly have a flashlight brand im loyal to

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its zebra light i love how long they run with small power sources .stream light is still the light i hate.mainly becuase back when i started geting into led lights i got a ride all the way to a miltary base.to buy my first led light i get a streamlight thr one that used 3 aa cells in seriees. i open it like its christmas and the beam was pretty much green and ugly so ugly. never saw anything like it since then.i dont even care about tint. but this was that bad

parang

Newly Enlightened
<sigh> I wish they are available in the eu. OTOH, I have enough lights! :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
maybe someone will buy one then ship it to you. there worth it mine still look new

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am not the only to do cherry picking, especially with lights and zebralights.

there was wide tint lottery with XML2 then finally i got a unit with rosy NW tint.

a keeper and unverkauflich. 1xAA

3_gun

Enlightened
I'm loyal to my dollar & getting the best I can for everyone of them. But by numbers I have more Maglites followed by Sofirn then Fenix, Streamlight, Surefire, Olight & Klarus. The rest are one offs. All were the best light I thought I could buy for the amount of money I was looking to spend at the time I bought them. A few turned out to not quite be as good as hoped but none have been bad.

And it's not just lights that I'm this way about. It's cars, motorcycles, guns, clothes, computers, knives, etc too. I do have favs when it comes to food stuffs but even then I'm open to trying new things. I'm not guided by cheap but by value, makers need to earn my money

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not really loyal to any brand. But I do own more Olights than any other. The magnetic charging combined their clever marketing are to blame. Add I have never had an Olight fail me. Beyond Olight's I have Nitecore's, Fenix's, Thrunight's...so many. To many.

fnsooner

Enlightened
Yep, Zebralight rocks. I think I lost my sc64c that I have been using. I have been getting by with my SC60, my first ZL, until I could find my 64. I ended up ordering myself another SC64c which arrived today. I am wondering if I should order a couple more.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite brands: Acebeam Astrolux Eagletac Emisar Fenix Four-Sevens Haikelite Imalent Lumintop Manker Mateminco Nightwatch Nitecore Niwalker Noctigon Olight Thrunite

chip100t

Enlightened
I used to buy mainly olight until they stopped making and selling the proprietary batteries for four of my lights only three years after I bought them. Then I moved to Fenix which I still really like but their higher powered lights do not go lower than 30 lumens. Now I find everything I need mainly in the sofirn line up thanks to their anduril UI which I really like a lot. Their lights are not particularly pretty but neither are surefire. If you need a good light at a great price point and don't care for lights in every colour scheme you will not be disappointed.

CaptainBrock

Newly Enlightened
... i get a streamlight thr one that used 3 aa cells in seriees...
Never use the 3 Alkaline power source! That means there is no current drive circuitry, possibly a power-wasting resistor in series. And, not rechargeable unless you go Eneloop. Stick with the lithium-ion.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
? That in no way means there is no circuitry. Some cheap lights that is correct. But not all.
Please don't make sweeping statements when you're not aware of the facts as people may confuse it as correct.
There is nothing wrong with non lithium ion lights

Reactions: hsa

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Besides a few Surefire 6p, 9p, and g2s, it's Malkoff all day and all night. Super Hound Dog next but can't decide cool or neutral. Some other Malkoff nuts say get both!
I am a warmer tint guy for the most part. I went with the cool super hound, love it. Tint is nice and white, not "cool". I feel like cooler temps make better throwers.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite brands are Nitecore, Acebeam, Klarus, 4Sevens, Luci (lanterns), Fenix, Olight, Surefire, Princeton Tec, Petzl, Inova (old US made ones), and Bushnell in that order.

Least favorite are Lumapower (Encore flashlight d.o.a., replacement broke after first two foot drop), Streamlight (Polypro 4AA 7 l.e.d., l.e.d.s all burned out within two battery changes), Jetbeam (HR25 headlamp failed after drop off 6 foot ladder), Maglite (contacts corrode too easily, lights tend to stop working after a month if not sprayed initially with deoxit.), Black Diamond (first generation Spot headlight case cracked all over from limited use pushing the button. Not durable at all.)

Some of you may love some of the brands I hate, but I have had bad experiences with all of them. Your mileage may vary.

Deathless

Newly Enlightened
Yep, Zebralight rocks. I think I lost my sc64c that I have been using. I have been getting by with my SC60, my first ZL, until I could find my 64. I ended up ordering myself another SC64c which arrived today. I am wondering if I should order a couple more.
How long did it take to arrive? I ordered one today, but the page says Back Order.