ok if you won the big lotto what would you buy?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's a little late to invest money to keep a steady stream going. Normally, yes that's what you'd do. But with inflation, gas prices, banks and nations trying to switch over to a digital universal banking system (from SWIFT to CIPS), it's better to get yourself self sufficient. Have a home that you own outright with no debt with water (lake, stream, well), and utilities (solar, wind, electric car) covered and that you can grow enough food to provide for your family and those around you. Care for people. Hope everything going on now blows over and live a life debt free with lots of friends. When money becomes worthless, invest in people. Improving the lives of others will leave a longer lasting impact than trying to make a profit.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll never know, because I don't play.

Many/most people that play, would be/have been much better off investing the money they are wasting on lotteries.

Many of the people that win "big", go broke, and become worse off, then before they "won".

I'm no CNBC fan, but this is an example of what I've noticed for many years, and why I don't waste my money

Late note: also found this article

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i seldem play it maybe 2 bucks a year. when i see folks play some spending there days at the lotto line. i think of what family guys call the lotto " stupid people tax" i dont agreee but its funny lol

i seldem play it maybe 2 bucks a year. when i see folks play some spending there days at the lotto line. i think of what family guys call the lotto " stupid people tax" i dont agreee but its funny lol

In past threads concerning similar subject matter, playing the lotto has been refered to as a tax on the mathematically challenged. :) Nevertheless, threads such as this one can be fun, dreaming about what you'd do/purchase if you were to win the Big One. Thanks for the idea, raggie33.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think we al need to escape for a while. right now im watching a doco on joan jette.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
I would fix the "check engine light" on my 300k miles toyota and then buy all versions of the Malkoff E2 XT that I don't need but want to play with. After about a month of testing and evaluation, I would conclude that they're not that practical for edc use.

The now unused lights would sit on the shelf. I would contemplate selling them, but would think "whats the point, I don't need the money". They would just sit there for years and constantly remind me about how fleeting earthly pleasure is. One day, I would look up at the shelf and realize that they're not there. My wife would then tell me that she cleaned up and took a bunch of stuff to goodwill. I would probably get mad and tell her that those lights were expensive, even though we have 100 million dollars.

I would wonder for many years if I should buy them again, but probably wouldn't because I don't really like them that much. Then I would think about how different things would be if Surefire didn't hold the patent on the gas pedal tailcap. I would think about how even unlimited money can't resolve certain things, like a desire for a gas pedal malkoff.

I would probably wander off into the woods at some point and feel very sad. As night falls I would hear something in the woods, maybe a deer, maybe a bear. As I draw my flashlight from my pocket I hear the unidentified animal get closer. Then a flash as I press the tail cap. Its a bear. My heart would race as the beast moves about me, but I can't tell where exactly, because in my excited state, I'm switching back and forth between high and low with my Surefire two stage tail cap. I would never get a chance to identify the bear that would kill me that night. But as the beast is upon me, knocking me to the ground, my last thoughts would be of those Malkoff E2 XT's and whether or not the one stage and extra throw would have made a difference.

ledbetter

Enlightened
I would fix the "check engine light" on my 300k miles toyota and then buy all versions of the Malkoff E2 XT that I don't need but want to play with. After about a month of testing and evaluation, I would conclude that they're not that practical for edc use.

The now unused lights would sit on the shelf. I would contemplate selling them, but would think "whats the point, I don't need the money". They would just sit there for years and constantly remind me about how fleeting earthly pleasure is. One day, I would look up at the shelf and realize that they're not there. My wife would then tell me that she cleaned up and took a bunch of stuff to goodwill. I would probably get mad and tell her that those lights were expensive, even though we have 100 million dollars.

I would wonder for many years if I should buy them again, but probably wouldn't because I don't really like them that much. Then I would think about how different things would be if Surefire didn't hold the patent on the gas pedal tailcap. I would think about how even unlimited money can't resolve certain things, like a desire for a gas pedal malkoff.

I would probably wander off into the woods at some point and feel very sad. As night falls I would hear something in the woods, maybe a deer, maybe a bear. As I draw my flashlight from my pocket I hear the unidentified animal get closer. Then a flash as I press the tail cap. Its a bear. My heart would race as the beast moves about me, but I can't tell where exactly, because in my excited state, I'm switching back and forth between high and low with my Surefire two stage tail cap. I would never get a chance to identify the bear that would kill me that night. But as the beast is upon me, knocking me to the ground, my last thoughts would be of those Malkoff E2 XT's and whether or not the one stage and extra throw would have made a difference.
LOL! M91T hi/lo is your answer.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's over 1 billion now if I won I'd buy everyone of you a hank flashlight donate much of it get a new Chevy volt and a small home around NYC

idleprocess

Flashaholic
If I played the lottery and then won I'd do the following In general order...
  1. Clear my debts (house mainly)
  2. Clear my SO's debts
  3. Give my sister a considerable lump sum
  4. Fix everything wrong with the house and do some upgrades
  5. Fix everything wrong with my vehicles
  6. DIY a RV/tiny home
  7. Buy some land within ~2 hours of the city and setup a vacation/retirement home/compound

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd move somewhere with low crime-rates and wonderful weather.
I was looking for a place like that, after long search, i found only 1 country that fits the description, Japan, but they are not immigration friendly country, maybe that is why they enjoy low crime rate.