OK to use lithium in this application?

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
In my just-ordered Arc AAA LE? What advantages do I get...other than cost, any disadvantages?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc-AAA LE? Is that the new special edition Arc-AAA with the "S" rank LED? Or are you refering to the forthcoming Arc-LS?

In the Arc-AAA, you won`t be able to use Lithium cells cos as far as anyone knows, AAA lithiums aren`t made yet.

In the Arc-LS, Lithium cells (AA especially) will probably give a superior performance to Alkaline, as currently being tested by Craig "Stingmon" Johnson, in another thread. The LS can run from AA or "123" type batteries, currently it looks like 2 Lithium AA cells gives the best performance, about 4.5 hours bright light and many hours more dimmer light after then. That, of course, is in a prototype light. The production models may or may not change- if they do then hopefuly it will be for the better, but it looks impressive anyway so far!

shocked.gif
tongue.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
In the Arc-AAA, you won`t be able to use Lithium cells cos as far as anyone knows, AAA lithiums aren`t made yet.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are lithium AAA cells, but I know only the low current memory backup type (Li Thyonilcloride) which gives just a few mA. And some time ago there was a Tekna light (NOT the Splash and NOT the MonoLith) which had the same size as the light which used two N cells. It had a low current bulb (~100mA) and a lithium cell (which had a similar size than two N cells. I'm not sure if it was an AAA cell.