Old emotes?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Would it be possible to bring back the old emoticons? They were fun, had a lot of character and a HUGE amount of old messages are broken without them, or worse, parts of them have been replaced by new emojis thanks to the character sequences. Selfbuilt's reviews in particular.

I'm not saying remove the new emoji function, natch, it's fun as well. Ideally both would exist alongside each other.

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter
I miss the superscript option, using and ​. Also, the [noparse] tags could come in handy.

1021​

Will look into the No Parse options

Here is the no parse. Use the PLAIN tags, this is built in. Will look at correcting each previous entry.

This is not [B]bold[/B] text.

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Staff member

1021​

Will look into the No Parse options

Here is the no parse. Use the PLAIN tags, this is built in. Will look at correcting each previous entry.

This is not [B]bold[/B] text.
SWEEEET! Superscript! Now I can say that e=mc2​ instead of e=mc2!

is also nice!

(Now, if there were ALSO a [sub]2[/sub] that would be nifty but that may not be possible.)

Thank you!!!

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter
SWEEEET! Superscript! Now I can say that e=mc2​ instead of e=mc2!

is also nice!

(Now, if there were ALSO a [sub]2[/sub] that would be nifty but that may not be possible.)

Thank you!!!
There is.... using the tags you just said.

101​!

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter

Alaric Darconville

Staff member
Yet I don't see them working in post #7 nor in the quote of me in #8. It works in your own text in that same reply, though.

sub​text super​script
^ working here though

Attachments

• subscripts - Copy.png
    subscripts - Copy.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Staff member
At any rate, both superscript and subscript are handy for portraying brands, chemical formulas, mathematical expressions, and we use the mathematical expressions in the transportation lighting forums fairly frequently. For example, luminance is expressed in candela per square meter, or cd/m2​. Makes writing it clearer for everyone!

Last edited:

Latest posts