Old Laser Products Surefire 7Z and ?

Watergun

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I'm new to candlepower forums and I thought I would seek out some help in identifying two flashlights I picked up. I figured I would use the collector forum since these are older.

On the back of the button housing on says Laser Products Surefire 7Z and the other says Laser Products Surefire 6P and it has an old style smooth button. I know the later is not a 6P because it's to long. It has two sections screwed together. These both have incandescent bulbs but no batteries. I tried three CR123 batteries but the end up being to short. Not sure if I want to keep these if I don't have the right batteries. If someone here could tell me what I have exactly and what type of batteries and bulbs these flashlights use, that would be great.

Picture link below.

Pictures

Thanks

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess the latter is a 6P, but it's had the extension screwed in to make it the equivalent of a 9R. That was a light that used a 6V rechargeable stick battery with the original 6P type bulb. You can either take the extension out and use it with two CR123s as a 6P again, or add a short spacer, change the bulb for a 9P's, and use three CR123s. Years ago I used to make battery spacers for that purpose.

Attachments

• spacers.JPG
    spacers.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 157

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. 7Z and 6P turned into a 6R. They will both take the B65 battery 6V battery. The lamps are likely 6V, so you could get some spacers and CR123s, or try and find some B65s. They have rather sorrowful modern runtimes, I believe there may be some newer conversion sticks out there....

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice classic Surefires!

Be careful not to run either stock bulb with 3 CR123's as the total 9V will blow it.

If you unscrew the head, what does it say on the side of the lamp assembly? R60 or P60?

Take the extension off the 6P and you have a regular 6P, you should be able to run the stock bulb with 2 CR123's.
Also suitable for LED drop-ins with either 2 CR123's or a single 16650.

You can put a spacer in the 7Z and run 3 CR123's with an LED drop-in (making sure it will handle 9V).

I have a soft spot for the 7Z as it reminds me of the 9Z and my beloved Z3 I used to have. With a spacer, you can put (2) 17500 rechargeable li-ion batteries. That's a prime host for a Malkoff M91. You might want to get a newer Surefire Bezel with a glass lens as the higher powered lamps and LED's can partially melt and bubble the original lexan lens.

Watergun

Newly Enlightened
WOW! Thank you all for the quick input. This helps a lot. I'm going to see what it takes to crossover to LED's or maybe just sell or trade these to the collectors and get something I would use on a weapon. I appreciate all the responses and guidance.

Rinspeed

Newly Enlightened
Those are both very cool old Surefires and I'm sure you would have no problem selling them if you wanted to.