Old school G2 tailcap

bestcounsel

Enlightened
I got one of those old school g2 tailcaps with out lock out that the guts fall out....

Anyone know a way to keep the guts in place.....i dont care about lockout...

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
just call SF and tell them your tailcap is having problems. they will give you the new style.

My old 6Z has the part that falls out. the rubber boot sort of holds it in.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep the tailcap oriented with the spring pointing to the sky to keep the guts from falling out.

Another method is to drop an o-ring into the tailcap housing. DX3466 (22mm x 1.5mm) should work. The right o-ring thickness should produce enough of a friction fit between the tailcap housing and the metal button piece to keep the guts in place. This works for my old-style G2 tailcap.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, you can just trade it with me for a newer one. I like the older one's that fall apart cause they're easier to clean and do maintenance on. Plus they're a little shorter. PM me if you'd be interested in a trade!

bestcounsel

Enlightened
interesting......i might take u up on the trade angel of war....

I really like the way the older tailcaps function with the malkoffs....much softer (to me at least) i was thinking of keeping it but looking for a way to keep the guts from falling out. I might try a washer....

I had a malkoff in a 6P with newer z41...i hated it...too stiff...

My ole 9z with old school tail cap felt great but im looking to retire the 9z......

Or, you can just trade it with me for a newer one. I like the older one's that fall apart cause they're easier to clean and do maintenance on. Plus they're a little shorter. PM me if you'd be interested in a trade!