Olight Baton 3 Runtimes

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I couldn’t resist and ordered two of these, a red and blue both with the case. Seems like a really great little
light, would be perfect with a neutral tint and the ability to use any 16340 or 123 but those are small negatives compared to big positives.

My S1R II works with a 123 but only on moon, low and medium. It also works the 3.2v rcr123’s from surefire (I don’t have other 16340’s), but will not stay on turbo. I like the idea of carrying a spare cell with the s1r but the custom cell make it a bit of a hassle, the baton 3 solves that with much better battery life and the portable case. I’m excited to get mine in the mail.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Megalamuffin;[URL="tel:5447841" said:
5447841[/URL]]I couldn’t resist and ordered two of these, a red and blue both with the case. Seems like a really great little
light, would be perfect with a neutral tint and the ability to use any 16340 or 123 but those are small negatives compared to big positives.

My S1R II works with a 123 but only on moon, low and medium. It also works the 3.2v rcr123’s from surefire (I don’t have other 16340’s), but will not stay on turbo. I like the idea of carrying a spare cell with the s1r but the custom cell make it a bit of a hassle, the baton 3 solves that with much better battery life and the portable case. I’m excited to get mine in the mail.

I am a bit disappointed that it cannot run a regular battery... I wasn’t planning on carrying it for EDC but was looking at it for my get-home bag. The runtimes on a regular batter would be remarkable😎

Regardless, I am looking forward to it and think it represents some pretty excellent engineering to achieve the runtimes it achieves with a 550 MAH battery🤯

DoctorMemory

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Not sure it will work off of a primary? As the battery is different on this. Positive and negative on same end

It is the exact same cell as used in the S1RII, even says for the S1RII on the outside. So any difference in performance is the light, not the cell.

ChibiM

Enlightened
I did a review on it; Here are the runtime with the original battery
JwY4e2u.png

Here is a screenshot of the first 1.5 hours
OkAaPS7.png

And for any other details, have a look at my review here: https://1lumen.com/review/olight-s1r-iii-baton-3/

wjv

Enlightened
>

anyway, who cares about runtime specs?

I Do!

Runtime to 50% is very important to me.

I'd rather have 800L for 3.5 hours -> 50% than 3,200L for 3.5 minutes which then drops to 1,100 for 1.8 hours.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a screenshot of the first 1.5 hours
OkAaPS7.png

And for any other details, have a look at my review here: https://1lumen.com/review/olight-s1r-iii-baton-3/

great info! thanks :)

Runtime to 50% is very important to me.

Baton output is flat regulated.. the drop to 50% of initial output comes at the very end of the runtime. The drop to 10% of initial output happens at the same time.

Baton 3 High Mode output is
300 lumens for 1.5 hours
(to 50% and also to 10%)

Last edited:

Latest posts