Olight Baton 3 Runtimes

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reported runtimes on the Baton 3 are crazy... anyone know how Olight was able to squeeze out so much? Is it battery or LED or driver or a combo?

7 hours at 60 lumens from an IMR sounds pretty great and so does 33 at 12 lumens🤯

Zak

Enlightened
7h*60lm/0.55A*3.7V = 206 lm/W.

I don't believe that number. Wait for graphs.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
> anyone know how Olight was able to squeeze out so much

probably not accurate

typographical errors are common on website specs
I dont believe anything I read unless it is confirmed by an independent review

anyway, who cares about runtime specs?
batteries are rechargeable.. carry a spare

imo, runtime concerns are from a time when people used primary batteries,
and found it entertaining to test ridiculous runtimes, at ridiculously low output

and, did you know that runtime tests are to 10% of initial output?
so, claimed runtime at 60 lumens, is until the light drops to 6 lumens.. that is not real world 60 lumens... its just marketing

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of it is better drivers, LEDs and battery technology/capacity, but I suspect they may be taking advantage of ANSI standards. All they would really have to do is have it at 60 lumens for 3 minutes and then maintain 11% of that for the rest of the 6 hours and 57 minutes. Always remember it's NEVER X lumens FOR Y hours, it's X lumens maximum and Y hours on that mode, not that output. Seems like that's splitting hairs with the verbiage, but the devil's always in the details.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't resist... 😅 I have the original S1 Mini in Titanium and it's run-times on a standard battery are excellent. Give the graphs shown in Zeroair's review, I lost all ability to resist. Also, I have kicked myself more than once after passing up on one of these introductory sales and then later buying a light at full price🥴

carrot

Flashaholic
I couldn't resist... 😅 I have the original S1 Mini in Titanium and it's run-times on a standard battery are excellent. Give the graphs shown in Zeroair's review, I lost all ability to resist. Also, I have kicked myself more than once after passing up on one of these introductory sales and then later buying a light at full price🥴

Mine came in this morning and I played around with it during some Zoom calls. It's exactly as you expect, so nice, but shamefully cool white.

I might try to yank the emitter and at least put in a 7A XML2 in there. Lower lumen efficiency, but I'll probably use it a lot more.

I don't hate a good 6500K, but I've mainly been using 3500K and below these days, feeling solidly comfortable with 2700K.

I also might snag another one of these.

zeroair

Newly Enlightened
Give the graphs shown in Zeroair's review, I lost all ability to resist.

Hope you used the link in my post, which promotes Olight continuing to send lights to me for testing, and helps offset the other reviewers (not testers)... :D

Anyway, glad you found the post useful!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm Not to worried about the tint in my car lights. I like the idea of being able to grab this if need be in a hurry and know I'll be ok with battery life for awhile.Or loan out to someone not to familiar with lights.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like to see a warmer emitter, but I snagged a Warrior Mini at the last sale and really like it. The new Baton 3 looks really nice too.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not sure it will work off of a primary? As the battery is different on this. Positive and negative on same end

Flashlight Enthusiast
thermal guy;[URL="tel:5447694" said:
5447694[/URL]]Not sure it will work off of a primary? As the battery is different on this. Positive and negative on same end

Good point... I hope it can🤯

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
0p1xls7l.png