Olight i1 & i3 Review (1xCR123A, 1xAAA) - RUNTIMES, VIDEOS, BEAMSHOTS and more!

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight i1 & i3 Review (1xCR123A, 1xAAA) - RUNTIMES, VIDEOS, BEAMSHOTS and more!

I recently bought an i1 with XM-L2 and 200 lumens on discount at a local store.
I have not read anything about an upgraded L2 version - has anyone seen it?

Spec:
200L/1:40
40L/5:10
4L/72

1150cd

I was a bit disappointed about the tint but it's still better than the dreadful tint of the Foursevens mini123 I have.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Re: Olight i1 & i3 Review (1xCR123A, 1xAAA) - RUNTIMES, VIDEOS, BEAMSHOTS and more!

I recently bought an i1 with XM-L2 and 200 lumens on discount at a local store.
I have not read anything about an upgraded L2 version - has anyone seen it?
This is a fairly old review now - the updated i1/i2/i3 models are all current-controlled, I believe. So you should have better runtimes, and no posibility of visual flicker. :)

TennesseeTony

Newly Enlightened

This is a fairly old review now - the updated i1/i2/i3 models are all current-controlled, I believe. So you should have better runtimes, and no posibility of visual flicker. :)

How can you tell if yours is an updated one? I have an i1 being delivered tomorrow.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

How can you tell if yours is an updated one? I have an i1 being delivered tomorrow.
I know shortly after this review they changed the i3 to a different kind of packaging (sealed clear plastic). A serial number was also added to the head. Not sure if there were circuit changes at this time.

By the time the new XP-G2 versions came out, they had moved to a hard clamshell presentation case. The clip returned to the older clip-on style as well. This version definitely has an improved circuit with no detectable flicker or PWM. As long you have a XP-G2 version, you should be fine.

And :welcome:

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were asking about the i3.

Last edited:

TennesseeTony

Newly Enlightened

I know shortly after this review they changed to a different kind of packaging (sealed clear plastic). A serial number was also added to the head. Not sure if there were circuit changes at this time.

By the time the new XP-G2 versions came out, they had moved to a hard clamshell presentation case. The clip returned to the older clip-on style as well. This version definitely has an improved circuit with no detectable flicker or PWM. As long you have a XP-G2 version, you should be fine.

And :welcome:

Ok I guess I may be confused. I did not see where the i1 has the XP-G2 version only the i3s. Should the i1 with the XM-L also be updated?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Ok I guess I may be confused. I did not see where the i1 has the XP-G2 version only the i3s. Should the i1 with the XM-L also be updated?
Oops, sorry, though you were asking about the i3. :eek:

Not sure what changes were made to the i1 - it may still be XM-L, or it could have been upgraded to XM-L2. :shrug:

TennesseeTony

Newly Enlightened

Oops, sorry, though you were asking about the i3. :eek:

Not sure what changes were made to the i1 - it may still be XM-L, or it could have been upgraded to XM-L2. :shrug:

Looks like it's still the XM-L I'm new to these lights and am surprised by the output of both this and the i3. I can't wait to see what else is out there.

Last edited: