OLight M20 Warrior Question

radar696

Newly Enlightened
I know this light is getting old by some standards but it has been a really good light for me just the same. I've had this light since about December 2009. It hasn't seen a lot of heavy use but often enough. It has been my go to light almost every time though, my MagLites have been mostly collecting dust ever since! This is the model that has the twist head. So what has happened is I twist the head and the light output doesn't change, oh it will flicker sometimes but usually that will be it. The strobe still works but not the med. or high settings. Is it possible to fix this without spending lots of money? Or should I just look at buying a new model from Amazon or maybe another location? I'm not looking for a brighter light since most of the time I'm only using the low setting anyway. Thank you for any help. Radar P .S.: Just so you know I wasn't able to get my enter button to work with this message window so that is why everything is all in one paragraph.

ven

Flashaholic
Are the threads clean,maybe try that to start with.
I love my m20:D very solid/well made light,compact too_One of those lights that just feels great to hold.........

firelord777

Enlightened
I'm not sure what it could be, you could try to ask Olight.

But man, these Olight Warriors are built so solidly they look like they'd survive on Mars...

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
M20's are great ! speak to olight first, then scan the many listings on a well known auction site for the R5 version, seem to be going for a good price if thats the UI you want. i.e. not a M20S, with the side switch.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
if you come up short fixing what you have, but don't want to spring for a new light - Battery Junction sells two "upgrade" modules for the M20. They are both XM-L, one is T6 bin and one is U2 bin. The only difference is the higher flux bin (U2) is $5 more expensive. I imagine this would be a little more work to put in than a typical P60 dropin, but couldn't be too difficult if they are offering it to the general public as an upgrade module.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility. It might fix the problem and enable you to keep the host you like.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought this might be of help,i just received a old M20 Premium NIB, although when i got it out it had the same flakey UI. i took the head apart, unscrewed the reflector to find the LED Pill is held in with a threaded ring, carefully with some needle nose pliers i nipped this up good and tight and put it all back together. hey presto the light works perfect.

it seems when the battery tube/head tightened move was done it was pushing the pill away from the heads main negative contact point only giving me a strobey low level.