Olight Marauder 2 Questions

Well, I realize that the Olight Ofans have left the CPF for Facebook, the sub-forum here gone, don't know why. I am a big Ofan, but I consider Facebook to be one of the more destructive forces turned loose on an unsuspecting public and I avoid it.

I have a set of basic requirements and features a light has to have and should have, I may publish it someday. Any Ofans still out there, let me ask a question or two about the Marauder 2. I have asked Olight but not overcome the language barrier.

Let's say you have the Marauder 2 turned off. You can spin the dial to get an LED count indication of how bright it will turn on at. It appears if it was in high mode when turned off, no option but to power up in high mode, then scramble to turn it down?

Now it's lit up. You'd like to know how much battery you have left. They have LEDs to show battery level, but they wink out after a few seconds. No way to glance at a green/yellow/red LED (or feel a buzz) like other Olights. Anyone know how to get the battery LEDs to light up without cycling power or changing light output? Anyone who wants to do something to get them to light up every time they check the battery?

Modern Olights meet my features list, I don't understand this one?

importculture

Newly Enlightened
This may answer more than one of your questions. You don't have to spin the dial to see the current selected output and battery level. A push of the power button will show you both even while locked out. Also if you spin the dial then press and hold, it will turn on in moonlight mode. Now checking the battery level while the light is on is a different matter. I haven't read or figured out a way to check the battery without cycling power or levels. I'd like to add that all my marauder 2's are first gen. So i dont know if there's been a firmware update or revision. All my marauder's also have unusual issues or maybe not. Sometimes when the proximity sensor triggers a bump down the light won't allow ramping past level 4 after the light has been aimed away from the close object. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Also i cant ramp past level 4 when the battery indicator is down one bar from full. Charging the light seems to remedy this issue. These may be features but I'm not sure. If anyone has input or suggestion i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

This may answer more than one of your questions. You don't have to spin the dial to see the current selected output and battery level. A push of the power button will show you both even while locked out. Also if you spin the dial then press and hold, it will turn on in moonlight mode. Now checking the battery level while the light is on is a different matter. I haven't read or figured out a way to check the battery without cycling power or levels. I'd like to add that all my marauder 2's are first gen. So i dont know if there's been a firmware update or revision. All my marauder's also have unusual issues or maybe not. Sometimes when the proximity sensor triggers a bump down the light won't allow ramping past level 4 after the light has been aimed away from the close object. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Also i cant ramp past level 4 when the battery indicator is down one bar from full. Charging the light seems to remedy this issue. These may be features but I'm not sure. If anyone has input or suggestion i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
I think we agree that determining battery level whilst running the light is difficult, not the nice R/Y/G LED always ready to read. Olight does go to great lengths to keep the user informed, even buzzes some light when low. I don't think they thought this one out.

I haven't had any problems with their lights shifting to lower intensity when not appropriate. All I can say that, unless the sensor has failed, light is getting back to the sensor. Nearby shinny object, a license plate reflecting, fog on the lens, ...

And past level 4. The "turbo" numbers on lights are generally fill with limitations, both explained and hidden. Many lights have a short turbo time and can't repeat the trick till fully recharged.