Olight s1 baton

akhyar

Enlightened
Officially, they just launched this light yesterday, 1st September. A few might already have this light as review sample so maybe you can search this forum or others if there have been any review so far.
Olight is a good brand which have been in the market for a few years, with good track records so I shouldn't really be worried if I'm buying their products

Prepped

Enlightened
Mine just came today, and has a horrible flicker. I was so excited to get it in the mail, and it's DOA.
This is my second Olight, the first being an M10 Maverick which also died on me after a few months of light use. This will be my last Olight. Thoroughly disappointed.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine showed up doa too! So bummed

Man, that's a shame, as I think that it's a nifty looking light with the blue anodization. Between the Thrunite Neutron 2A and this light, I'm disappointed.

Once in a while, sure, but don't these manufacturers test these lights out properly?

Chris

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
I've had mine a couple of days so far it works fine. I even had clipped on my hat out in the rain yesterday and no problems yet.

ponger

Newly Enlightened
Got mine in the mail today. Nice little light, works well. I could stand an on off switch that stands more proud from body of the light however.

chriscorv58

Newly Enlightened
Man, that's a shame, as I think that it's a nifty looking light with the blue anodization. Between the Thrunite Neutron 2A and this light, I'm disappointed.

Once in a while, sure, but don't these manufacturers test these lights out properly?

Chris
My mistake I was not expecting the different battery direction and assumed the light was DOA. Works outstanding.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
I really like mine, this sample is waterproof for sure. Spent several hours in the pool and activated the switch dozens of times, with no problems or ingress. Sterling regulation on both RCR123 and primary CR123. As someone mentioned in the main S1 thread, it will make a great companion, combo, back-up light as well as a stand alone EDC. I actually have spare CR123 battery holders that are larger than the S1 :)

Prepped

Enlightened
I'd also like to let you guys know I've gotten mine working. Turns out the tailcap threads needed to be VERY tight. It's all working now and I'm very happy with it. Definitely recommended!

UnderPar

Enlightened
After so much readings and considerations, I just pulled the trigger on this light. On wait mode now...