Olight S1 UI question

Rhinny2012

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up an S1 and noticed that it works different from my S2-L2 that I also have around the house and the difference has to do with how the S1 handles turning off from moonlight or turbo.

1. On my S2-L2, if I enter moonlight mode from off (long click) and then turn the light off from moonlight mode, it comes back on in moonlight mode with the next single click. But on the S1, if I enter moonlight mode, and then turn it off from moonlight mode, when I turn it back on it comes back to the last mode that was NOT moonlight. For example, if I am in medium and turn it off, then turn it on directly to moonlight, then turn it off from moonlight, it will come back on in medium (single click) as opposed to moonlight. Is that normal?
  2. If I double click from off to get directly into turbo and then turn it off from turbo, it will come back on in the last mode I turned it off in that wasn't trubo. Again for example, if I am in medium and turn it off, then double click from off to get turbo, then turn it off from turbo, when I turn it back on it will come on in medium. Is that normal? In that same scenario, my S2-L2 would come back on in turbo with a single click.
I guess a summary would be that it doesn't seem to have memory if it was turned on any way other than a standard single click. Just curious if this seems normal. I'm used to how the S2 works so it's a little confusing when I don't get the expected mode.
Thanks.

tops2

Enlightened
Correct. I believe the newest UI doesn't memorize turbo nor moonlight.

It was confusing cause it sounded like the old old batch of S1 memorized moonlight (I'm not sure about turbo). Then some point in time they switched it to what you observe.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
I have the first model UI, memorises any last mode it was in, including moonlight and turbo.

With direct access to moonlight and turbo, I would have preferred the newer UI that does not keep those in memory.