Olight S10R (XM-L2, 1xRCR/CR123A) Rechargeable + Dock Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Ordered mine after reading Selfbuilt's review...hopefully there's no issue with the pin or contact. Keeping fingers crossed...always needed a pocket rocket.. :D

And oh, my first Olight as well.. :laughing:

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Hi selfbuilt,
Do u know what happen after the light is on in high mode? I read some say that it will step down to medium after 4.5mins. But mine turn off itself in high mode in less than 15 seconds.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
My Olight RCR123 was at 3.4v while the AW black label is at 3.8v. Charging both batteries now..gonna try again on High mode once it's full. Will update again.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Fully charged the Olight RCR123 to around 4.17v...and tested with high mode...doing fine for >4mins without shutting off.

So i guess it's drained cell then.. Now i am super happy!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Is it possible to use the lamp when it's being charged? That would be a nice night lamp in my room!
Sorry, I'm away from my office right now, and don't have the light with me. Hopefully someone else can weigh in ... my recollection is that it won't turn on while being charged, but I'm not entirely sure (and will need to double-check later).

Wet

Newly Enlightened
Hi SB,

Is it possible to use the lamp when it's being charged? That would be a nice night lamp in my room!

Thank you,
Clemence
Unfortunately it's not possible because the tailcap breaks the electric circuit from the battery to the light circuit board and the light shuts down whenever it's placed on its charging dock. I remember hearing that with S30R II it's possible though because it uses a special battery that doesn't require breaking the electric circuit when charging.

Last edited:

wolf_walker

Newly Enlightened
Still loving this light as edc, but I did break the darn pocket clip trying to reverse it in the dark yesterday.
I emailed olight CS, hopefully I can buy another cheap.

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
i am so happy to have my flashlight back today fully working again.was a long time thanks to post office.