Olight S30R (XM-L2, 1x18650/2xCR123A) Rechargeable Dock Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
My S30RII is coming off of charger fresh at 4.19-4.20, if anyone is interested in that.
This 3600 is a interesting cell, basically just has a ground plate at top an no need for strip on side. Positive anode sticks out enough to charge conventionally.

MtnDon

Newly Enlightened
The one that I just received came with a 1000 mAh output on the charging dock; not the 750 mAh. Label says it is a MICRO-DOK2.

On the downside the one I received has the old style black switch button. No low battery indicator .

I charged it and used it overnight. I really like it, but I feel shortchanged. So it is on its way back. Got it thru Amazon... shipped by Amamzon for EdisonBright. I'm trying again from another vendor.

billcushman

Enlightened
The one that I just received came with a 1000 mAh output on the charging dock; not the 750 mAh. Label says it is a MICRO-DOK2.

On the downside the one I received has the old style black switch button. No low battery indicator .

I charged it and used it overnight. I really like it, but I feel shortchanged. So it is on its way back. Got it thru Amazon... shipped by Amamzon for EdisonBright. I'm trying again from another vendor.

I just went to the Olight USA web site and looked at the pictures of the S30R typeII. It appears to have a flat black switch with no low battery indicator.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
In one of these threads someone disassemble the S30RII, and the red led is behind the solid black switch-we just don't know if it is visible when the cell is low on charge....also, my V2 came with a 3400 mAh custom battery-WarRaven, could you double check yours to see if it is 3600 or 3400mAh? Thanks!

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
In one of these threads someone disassemble the S30RII, and the red led is behind the solid black switch-we just don't know if it is visible when the cell is low on charge....also, my V2 came with a 3400 mAh custom battery-WarRaven, could you double check yours to see if it is 3600 or 3400mAh? Thanks!

My replacement come with 3400mAh

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I just went to the Olight USA web site and looked at the pictures of the S30R typeII. It appears to have a flat black switch with no low battery indicator.
What you have is the new version of the S30R ("S30R-II"). It typically comes with a custom 3600mAh cell and the new 1000mA charger.

Although the button is black, there is a low voltage red LED visible underneath. I am currently testing one now, and you can clearly see the red light as the battery is running low.

MtnDon

Newly Enlightened
OH! Thanks for that information. Just a case of changes to the product coming out faster than the documentation can keep up with. The battery it shipped with was a 3400 though.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great information guys!
CrazyEddie, I bought a S30RII, never got a chance at first one.
Mine is the 3600 if it matters.
I'm just surprised Olight released replacement lights with a cell option not available to public, yet anyways.

praveen dk

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I purchased 2 of the Olight S30R baton Version 2 with 3400mah battery option.

I am happy with the light and performs as advertised except for the turbo mode,as in I do not see the difference or rather much of a difference between the HIGH mode and the TURBO mode.The only reason I had purchased these lights are for its TURBO mode being over 1000 lumens.

I am confused as to whether there is no difference between HIGH mode and TURBO mode or is it that I am MISSING something or not being able to notice the difference at all.
And this is the case with both the lights that I bought.
Anybody here facing this problem or is it just me.PLEASE ADVISE.

And one more doubt,as the 18650 battery that comes with the S30R baton version 2 is of a different composition, CAN THIS BATTERY BE CHARGED IN REGULAR CHARGERS ??? I have a Nitecore D4 charger.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers !!!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I am happy with the light and performs as advertised except for the turbo mode,as in I do not see the difference or rather much of a difference between the HIGH mode and the TURBO mode.The only reason I had purchased these lights are for its TURBO mode being over 1000 lumens.

I am confused as to whether there is no difference between HIGH mode and TURBO mode or is it that I am MISSING something or not being able to notice the difference at all.
Responded by PM, but simply put, this is indeed normal for this light - there is not much perceptual difference between Hi and Turbo. We do not perceive light levels (or any other sensory system) linearly. But the lightbox is quite clear in the measured differences between these modes.

CAN THIS BATTERY BE CHARGED IN REGULAR CHARGERS ??? I have a Nitecore D4 charger.
Yes, assuming the positive contact button is raised on the charger (i.e., to ensure contact is only made through the button on the battery)

praveen dk

Newly Enlightened
Responded by PM, but simply put, this is indeed normal for this light - there is not much perceptual difference between Hi and Turbo. We do not perceive light levels (or any other sensory system) linearly. But the lightbox is quite clear in the measured differences between these modes.

Yes, assuming the positive contact button is raised on the charger (i.e., to ensure contact is only made through the button on the battery)

Thank you SB,I was worried that this could have been a defect,but now that its not,is a great relief.

And the custom battery that comes with the S30R version 2,does charge in my Nitecore D4 charger.

Thank you for your help !