Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Surefire M6 500lm
2. Olight S65 700lm

SFterem.jpg

S65terem.jpg

pics thx spick

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics, I just got my S35 and so far I am very impressed. Will more than likely sell some 4AA MC-E lights and replace them with these.
Will report on the runtime on eneloops.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just completed my unscientific runtime of my S35 on eneloops.
The cells were the newer tones and all tested at 100% on my ZTS before this test.

Output was flat for 86 minutes, at 86 minutes the low voltage indicator started blinking and I could watch the output dive on my meter, the test was ended at 105 minutes.
This is far better performance than a runtime plot I saw on alkalines and this little light is a true performer IMHO.

Last edited:

boboboy

Newly Enlightened
I think i am getting the S35, if we compared it to the Olight M20 XP-G r5 wich one would throw longest?

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I'd pop in with more thoughts after using this light hard for a while.
I really like this light, I've been running it on alkalines now and it will run for a very long time at considerably diminished output.
With eneloops it runs high for 86 minutes until the low voltage indicator starts to blink followed by steep output loss evidenced by my graph, with alkalines the low voltage indicator comes on after +_ 30 minutes but the output diminishes at a much slower rate. The blinking red indicator can get annoying but with alkalines it becomes a good emergency light.

I like the fact that with a simple choice of cell technologies you can have either a high output rechargeable light for 86+_ minutes or a long running cheaply feed emergency light, or both. If you EDC it you can set it up with eneloops for a fair amount of flat consistent high output then switch to EDC-ed back up alkalines for a long running useful light.

Disclaimer: after having alkalines leak in and ruin a few expensive devices/lights, I never leave them in a device that is not in constant use.

Rhaspun

Newly Enlightened
No kidding about battery shopping. I try to travel when camping. Sometimes I use up my batteries during a outing. So I'm forced to buy batteries while out. Prices may be higher when buying batteries at a little store in the middle of no where. But when you need them you gotta pay the price.

iron potato

Enlightened
Leaning towards S65, nice square-cut threads.... but, what about O-rings ? Does it have any ? How well is the weatherproof ?

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S80 Baton, built-in 4000mAh Li-ion battery, max. 750lm (1h30m), 16650cd

14347391_455a7ae36e66f534999a2a4b729dad81_l.jpg

pics thx destroy

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surely they could've got 2x 32650 cells in there if it's the same size? I would've expected double the runtime of the S65 with a proprietary li-ion version, around 8000mah..

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah it does look noticably shorter, maybe even closer to the S35. That seems more realistic and I'm guessing it just has a single 32650 inside and the rest of the extra length is taken up with the charging system.