Olight SR52 (XM-L2, 3x18650/6xCR123A) Rechargeable review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any advantages of 2300, 2600, or 3100 mAh batteries over 3400 mAh? I never understood why (excluding price) you would go for anything less than 3400 mAh…please help clear this up- i don't know much about batteries

Some lower capacity cells hold voltage better under load, so you can get more runtime in high-drain applications.

cistallus

Enlightened
Some lower capacity cells hold voltage better under load, so you can get more runtime in high-drain applications.

Lower capacity cells (esp. protected ones) are often a shorter length so can fit in lights that can't take larger ones.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the SR52 charge via usb from other usb powered sources? I.E. can you plug it into a computer/console/etc. I know the voltage can vary from usb ports and some aren't even powered at all, but did you test charging it NOT using the included usb wall charging solution? Thanks.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight SR52 (XM-L2, 3x18650/6xCR123A) Rechargeable Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

I just ran across this thread. This could be my next flashlight! Thanks for all of the posts.

Quality

Newly Enlightened
Its a little disappointing to see the nearly 4 hour runtime of the High mode doesn't have flat regulation in a light of this quality/price. Seems out of place.

I wonder how this will affect the vn version of this light. How would using batteries like NCR18650PF affect either version's output/runtime?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Can the SR52 charge via usb from other usb powered sources? I.E. can you plug it into a computer/console/etc. I know the voltage can vary from usb ports and some aren't even powered at all, but did you test charging it NOT using the included usb wall charging solution? Thanks.
Yes, it will charge from just a USB port - with currents as high as 1 amp. Note that this exceeds the USB 2.0 spec of 500mA. This is something I am starting to see more and more on chargers (I.e., 1A USB charging). To date it hasn't caused a problem on my computer, but I don't like seeing things that exceed spec.

Danielsan

Enlightened
The built-in wells take all widths of 18650s in my collection. However, only button-top cells would reliably work in the light (i.e., the positive contact points in the head are not raised).

May i add this picture from my review, it seems olight changed this light already which is strange because i got it weeks ago.
2cqy3jr.jpg

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
May i add this picture from my review, it seems olight changed this light already which is strange because i got it weeks ago.
2cqy3jr.jpg
Yes, that is indeed different. Glad to see they have improved the contacts for flat top cells. Thanks for sharing.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I am waiting for sr52vn review!!!! have you got it????? selfbuild
Yes, but it will likely be two weeks or so before the review is done, as I have a number of other lights to post first (including the K50vn).

Iglooo2

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I have bought a sr52 intimidator from a retailer. It was new. I did not have batteries for it. So I bought some from eBay. When I put them in the flashlight did not turn on. When I plug the cable in it does work. So I tested the batteries at a local shop and the batteries were fine , even bought different type of batteries, still did not work with them in. I need to know what I do wrong? I have tried everything nothing works.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

kj2

Flashaholic
Hello,
I have bought a sr52 intimidator from a retailer. It was new. I did not have batteries for it. So I bought some from eBay. When I put them in the flashlight did not turn on. When I plug the cable in it does work. So I tested the batteries at a local shop and the batteries were fine , even bought different type of batteries, still did not work with them in. I need to know what I do wrong? I have tried everything nothing works.

Button-tops? Or flat-tops?
The first batch need button, to connect on the positive end. There is talk Olight 'updated' the light so it would also take flat-tops.

Iglooo2

Newly Enlightened
I have them both button-tops and flat-tops. None of them work

Iglooo2

Newly Enlightened
I try to upload pics but I don't have permission

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I try to upload pics but I don't have permission
Images have to be hosted somewhere else (i.e., photobucket, imageshack, etc), and the link inserted into messages here. CPF does not provide image hosting.

Aside from the obvious (button-tops only, with positive buttons pointed toward the head, tailcap fully screwed down, etc.), it's hard to troubleshoot without pics. It is odd that that the light would charge cells from a USB cable and not turn on.

Latest posts