Olight SR52 (XM-L2, 3x18650/6xCR123A) Rechargeable review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know if the diffuser that is available online for the SR50 and SR51 and a few other Olights (this one: http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-filter-m31-diffuser.html ) fit the new SR52? I love that the Catapult V5 comes with a nice diffuser, but in some ways like the charging and other features of the SR52 more. If I could get one of these for an SR52 I think I would get the SR52 over a catapult. Thanks!

kj2

Flashaholic
Can check when I get back from work, but if the diameter is the same according specs, it should fit :)

kj2

Flashaholic
Does anybody know if the diffuser that is available online for the SR50 and SR51 and a few other Olights (this one: http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-filter-m31-diffuser.html ) fit the new SR52? I love that the Catapult V5 comes with a nice diffuser, but in some ways like the charging and other features of the SR52 more. If I could get one of these for an SR52 I think I would get the SR52 over a catapult. Thanks!

Can check when I get back from work, but if the diameter is the same according specs, it should fit :)
Fits perfectly :)

joshjp

Enlightened
Thanks for this review, i want this NOW, seems like a great THROWER for the size, i want the Thrunite TN32 and THIS, prolly get both next Friday.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
A convincing enough review to get me to buy one! Had it a week now and it is awesome! A 4 hour runtime on full blast is pretty impressive. Love the glow in the dark o ring. This thing has one heck of a well developed beam! Dont see much of a range difference between this and my TK51 honestly but it is still more throw than Ill need for awhile. This is my first Olight and I am very impressed!

Danielsan

Enlightened
A convincing enough review to get me to buy one! Had it a week now and it is awesome! A 4 hour runtime on full blast is pretty impressive. Love the glow in the dark o ring. This thing has one heck of a well developed beam! Dont see much of a range difference between this and my TK51 honestly but it is still more throw than Ill need for awhile. This is my first Olight and I am very impressed!

The TK51 has the advantage of the 2nd LED. I have have the SR52 but i like the TK51 more

jmsodpc

Newly Enlightened
I have a sr52 Waiting at home today.
Also got a few 3400 olight batteries.

I hope i dont regret not waiting for the
Fenix ld60 instead.

I do like the usb in the handle since
I dont own a separate charger.

I have been a cr123a fan for a bit.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I have a sr52 Waiting at home today.
Also got a few 3400 olight batteries.

I hope i dont regret not waiting for the
Fenix ld60 instead.

I do like the usb in the handle since
I dont own a separate charger.

I have been a cr123a fan for a bit.

Cant see regrets,different lights,the sr52 is a thrower and can recharge the cells in house,dont think the quality of the fenix will feel as solid(dont know on that just guessing)

There will always be a more appealing light around the corner......the sr52 is a great light,difficult to beat bang for buck imho:)

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will always be a more appealing light around the corner......the sr52 is a great light,difficult to beat bang for buck imho:)

The SR52 is very appealing, I just wish Olight can up the max output a bit, say like 1800 on the next model. Definitely considering this + the SR Mini.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The SR52 is very appealing, I just wish Olight can up the max output a bit, say like 1800 on the next model. Definitely considering this + the SR Mini.

Look at the vn version then which sir selfbuilt has reviewed also
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...18650-rechargeable)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386321-SR52vn-Another-Must-Have-Thrower

About as good as it gets imho and de-domed for around 250kcd.

Lumens are not everything,its more with the reflector/width/depth than the lumen so bare that in mind,many sub 1000lm will out throw 2000lm+ monster(example). Also heat,the sr52vn can be run on high for long periods,no step downs,great light....................did i say that :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Yes it is

Could have been boosted more but then you loose modes or become too close,its all about a happy medium,still runs on high due to excellent heat dissipation.

Vinh said its a great light out of the box anyway,if you want more throw a de-dome is the answer to double sometimes triple the kcd

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is

Could have been boosted more but then you loose modes or become too close,its all about a happy medium,still runs on high due to excellent heat dissipation.

Vinh said its a great light out of the box anyway,if you want more throw a de-dome is the answer to double sometimes triple the kcd

It's a beauty (/beast).

For most practical uses, I think the SR52 can get the job done at 1200 with its excellent throw. I know how newbies (me) easily get carried away with more lumens. But realizing from more readings here at CPF, and as you said in your previous post. Cheers!

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
iirc it was a moderate boost from "1200" to around "1400"lm but in testing it showed different on both accounts.

De-doming makes the most difference ,but then you also get to choose the choice of tint.

Standard form either way imho you have got one of the best mid sized ,solid lights for the money......................

Enjoy your awesome light:D

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
1800 lumens is a lot to ask of a single XM-L2 emitter (especially on 3x18650). You definitely won't find that in stock form. Vinh's mod the TN32 is probably the closest you will find - the SR52vn is only a small bump in output, as ven noted above. If you are willing to go up to 4x18650, Vinhs' mods of the Supbeam K50 (K50vn) and Fenix TK61 (TK61vn) also good choices.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
1800 lumens is a lot to ask of a single XM-L2 emitter (especially on 3x18650). You definitely won't find that in stock form. Vinh's mod the TN32 is probably the closest you will find - the SR52vn is only a small bump in output, as ven noted above. If you are willing to go up to 4x18650, Vinhs' mods of the Supbeam K50 (K50vn) and Fenix TK61 (TK61vn) also good choices.

selfbuilt, thanks! I'm also looking at the K40M, though it has an MT-G2 emitter.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
selfbuilt, thanks! I'm also looking at the K40M, though it has an MT-G2 emitter.

If its more throw look at the k40 (no M) as this is a very popular medium size awesome thrower:)

Imo the olight build is hard to beat though,just a perfect package:D

Could send to vinh and get de-domed:whistle:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its more throw look at the k40 (no M) as this is a very popular medium size awesome thrower:)

Imo the olight build is hard to beat though,just a perfect package:D

Could send to vinh and get de-domed:whistle:

I have a couple of Olights (S10 L2), and I agree to the build, so far am impressed. I'll see how I can get it de-domed through Vinh and send it over to this side of the world. ;)

BTW, selfbuilt, thanks for your contributions here at CPF, have been following your reviews here and there. Keep it up.

Latest posts