Olight SR90 Intimidator (Phlatlight SST-90) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES and more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The stand-by drain is pretty minimal on the SR-series lights, so you should be ok. Unfortunately, you need to unscrew the handle quite a few turns to lock out the light. But this is a good idea for long term storage (and to prevent the risk of accidental activation).

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have an SR90 and I'm curious if I should be taking the battery pack off the light when not in use? I've left the battery pack connected for nearly 2 years now. I haven't any issues, but have read that this maybe dangerous. I like to have the light ready to go when I need it. Putting everything together is too McGiver like for me.

Well, if you are leaving it for 2 years at a time...it sounds like off would be OK, and, storing it at ~ 2/3 charge is better for it than at 100% charge btw.

If you need it to be fully charged at a moment's notice, then, sure, you store it at 100%, and eat the hit on longevity of the pack....as you make the sacrifice for instant readiness.

jhovan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Is it possible to service the battery pack yourself on the SR90? Are there 18650's hidden inside? I've never disassembled the pack. Or, do you need to buy a new pack if this one dies?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Thanks guys. Is it possible to service the battery pack yourself on the SR90? Are there 18650's hidden inside? I've never disassembled the pack. Or, do you need to buy a new pack if this one dies?

There are 18650's in there, and, while I have not opened one, it can probably be done. IF I were to do it, I'd take out the (6?) (2,200 mah?) 18650's and replace them with 3,400 mah 198650's.

I have no idea as to how the indicator at the back of the pack will INTERPRET the amount of charge, etc...but, either way...it WOULD run longer.

:D