Olight Titaninum Infinitum Limited Edition Registry

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
I did. Well, I read as much as I could stomach, this was no english major.

On the page you have linked, it's referred to more than once as "electrically conductive grease".

I'm sorry that reading is discomforting, especially when going on about all this technical mumbo jumbo, but I was making an important point of distinction with regards to the lubricant I linked. I know it's confusing but No-Ox-Id is different than every other conductive grease mentioned on CPF. It "aides" conduction chemically without itself being conductive. The reason "conductive grease" is not ever recommended is because all the ones I have seen mentioned have some form of metal in them and that's not good for a flashlight/O-ring application. Just to be sure, I did a search last night after I posted this. Well much to my surprise, there's a group buy going on over in the marketplace!! I couldn't believe the timing and coincidence but stranger things have happened. Anyone interested in trying some of this "new" lube should check out THIS thread. I made a post when I discovered it. :) We are 100% in agreement about lubricating titanium, I only use Krytox but No-Ox-Id would work to improve the conductivity in Kilovolt's Infinitum, if indeed that's what the problem is. That's how this all got brought up. Besides the galling and stiction, titanium happens to be a horrible conductor of electricity.

Armed_Forces,
Thanks a lot for providing the link to the 5cc_Krytox_50/50 custom blend lubricant -- I really appreciate it! :goodjob: :thanks:
I haven't as yet compared its specs to those of the ol' faithful NyoGel_760G that I've been using for the past several years. NyoGel has worked beautifully, but if Krytox is even better -- then it'll be my next go-to o-ring and thread lube.

Thanks again for your very much appreciated input!

Cheers!

-Clive

You're very welcome Clive! de nada
You should be commended for the lengths you go through to spruce up and hyperlink your posts.
They provide nice visuals and are very helpful to others following along and for those doing searches(hopefully!!!). :thumbsup:

AvidHiker

Enlightened
No worries ArmedForces, wondering if the information is accurate on your link, seems to say in the MP thread that its totally non-conductive. I'm sure there are ways to make a conductive lubricant without metal particles, but I'm doubtful that it would have much conductivity compared with a metal-filled product. If the claims are accurate, I would consider trying this stuff myself.

Ok, sorry for the OT. There are other places to discuss lubricants...

AA6TZ

Enlightened
You're very welcome Clive! de nada.

You should be commended for the lengths you go through to spruce up and hyperlink your posts.

They provide nice visuals and are very helpful to others following along and for those doing searches(hopefully!!!). :thumbsup:
Armed_Forces,

Thank you very much! Coming from you, it means a lot. I do try to make things just a wee bit nicer for the good readers here at CPF. It's a labor of love, to be perfectly honest . . . especially considering the topics!!!

Take care.

Very Best Regards,

-Clive

madi05

Enlightened
I just recieved number 96 in the mail today from marnav1 , it is a beautiful piece, too pretty to use imo, lol it throws light pretty good for it size , and it feels great in my hand , if i was a collector of the shelf i would keep it for sure

but for now im a olight ti owner, and proud of it , lol

madi05

Rob187

Enlightened
No. 65 is now officially 'lost in the post'.

Because of the problems I was having with it out if the box, after consulting with MattK, I sent it back to Olight in China on 7 January 2009.

After 39 days, it has not been received by Olight.

I am pretty annoyed by this. Picture this: I buy a limited edition titanium light, it doesn't work out of the box and when I send it back to the manufacturer for repair it never arrives.

I must point out the customer service from BatteryJunction and Olight has been first rate and I couldn't have asked for better. It is not their fault.

What I am annoyed about is the quality control at Olight for letting a faulty light get out the door and the Australian and/or Chinese postal services for not delivering my light.

Not much I can do other than wait and hope it turns up either at Olight or returned to sender.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Olight Titaninum Infinitum Limited Edition Registry Wannabe

Anyone tired of their Olight Titanium Infinitum yet? Need money to pay your taxes? Has the economy got you down? Want to make a tidy profit? Mail me - tell me your price and perhaps we can help each other out.

I'm not cheap but I can be had. Email sent.

Bill

Last edited:

Jakerolet

Newly Enlightened
Re: Unofficial? Olight Titaninum Infinitum Registry

Acquired 3 Titanium Infinitum
- polished Infinitum 62 of 200
- blasted Infinitum 107 of 200
- unnumbered blasted Infinitum “Andy Chan”

Last edited: