Olight Warrior Mini Stopped Working After Airplane Ride

Snowdog

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else had this issue? I brought my trusted Olight Warrior Mini that has served me well for about a year on a plane and when I landed it wasn't working. The light was in my carry-on, it wasn't jostled and there's no visible damage, i took the battery out. So, there are no obvious signs why it wouldn't work. Just trying to see if anyone else had this issue with their flashlights. Right now I'm thinking that I need to go back to Monster and Surefire brands - never had this problem with them….

GoVegan

Enlightened
No matter what the brand of flashlight, most issues are battery related. Did you try a different battery, or at least test this battery in another light?

Snowdog

Newly Enlightened
GoVegan - I did. Tried three different 18650 batteries and I checked that those batteries work in other devices.

Snowdog

Newly Enlightened
Lol! 5G is probably the culprit, especially since the flashlight takes Glock mags.

My initial thought was that I messed up by removing the battery. The airtight space inside the flashlight may have created a pressure bubble that acted on the internals… We were flying at 35K feet, so maybe? *shrug*

Snowdog

Newly Enlightened
Yep. Going to send the light back to Olight and let them scratch their heads over this. Just wondering if anyone else dealt with a similar issue.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Yep. Going to send the light back to Olight and let them scratch their heads over this. Just wondering if anyone else dealt with a similar issue.
Not me, and I took my Warrior Mini, S1R2, S2R2, i1R2, and M2R Pro Warrior with me in the passenger compartment flying cross-country just a bit ago. No issues at all.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Only two thoughts come to mind, perhaps the presure effected the light somehow as you already suggested. Another thought is airport security may have done something to it if they checked it out?

cp2315

Enlightened
Possible solution.

I had a very similar experience this morning with my warrior mini. I took the battery out to charge overnight. this morning when I put the battery back in, the light wont come on. In my case, I knew nothing was wrong, it was just something I did not realize. I attached it with the charging pad as if I am charging the battery. The light came back to normal.

I did not think of it too much because I need to go to work. Then when I was driven, I speculate: maybe the light went into a locked state due to no battery in it. I might be able to re-activate it by the same method to unlock the light. The light is not with me so I cannot try right now... (the flashlight was probably not designed for the battery to be taken out. you can easily charge it with the flashlight)

Hope this helps the OP. Let us know if it worked.

NightFire

Newly Enlightened
I would guess it went into lockout mode. Put the battery in and press and hold the side switch for few seconds.

Senator

Newly Enlightened
I know this doesn't help the flashlight problem, but I want to get the facts out there. If you were flying in an airliner, you didn't see pressures above 8000ft. That's not to say that there is still a good pressure differential between wherever you took off, and cruising.

Now the opinion: I'm not buying that the x-ray machine did anything either. I'm pretty sure the power of those machines isn't enough to fry electronics...how many cell phones and laptops go through there every day?

S

Franquixote

Newly Enlightened
Please post when you have solved the mystery.

Since it has 2 different switches, I presume that you tried both and you don't feel any sort of strangeness ?

Lockout mode should have an indicator light.

You already mentioned batteries, but as far as I know the batteries are proprietary0 you can't just stick any old 18650 in there.

If you have a multimeter, use it on the battery ASAP and it'll answer that question.

Right now Olight is my go-to brand. They answer emails within half a day.

Post some more details or a video of the attempt to fire it up, maybe someone will spot something unusual.

Franquixote

Newly Enlightened
see attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 4.57.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 4.57.32 PM.png
    604.3 KB · Views: 163