Olight Warrior X Pro — Wasn't gonna do it...

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Got an email about the new Warrior X Pro in White on sale, interesting, but I don't get much use out of my Storm Trooper kit, and I'd prefer it in Black.

As the sale hours wound down, I thought OK fine, I guess I'll grab one, the sale is on 'till midnight. Get to their site (I hate the site!) and the sale ended at 11:50 ET not PT. Oh, well I wasn't crazy about the $30+ proprietary battery anyway.

Oh wait! A 4-hour flash sale and I have 30 min left to get the WXP in Black ON SALE! What's $30+ for a proprietary battery. I could spend that much at Starbucks in a couple of days (if I did Starbucks). So I cave and Olight thanks me and bestows the reached the coveted Silver Membership Level in the Olight Loyalty Program! The crowd cheers and I'm ecstatic.

Having branded me Silver, as in second best, I see that the White WXP is SOLD OUT. And seeing that I think I must have one and maybe I should have ordered one of each. But the White WXP apparently sold out quick so maybe it's for the best.

Something is gnawing at the back of my brain, though. Olight said the White light has an upgraded LED, and the Black version comes with either the old or ungraded LED. WHAT! My luck is that this is new old stock, and I'll have to check the model/serial number to see which it is. This light is supposed to have significantly more throw than my Seeker 2, so that's be the first thing I check out.

The next thing is to find another brand of light that has similar specs (long throw, especially), approx. same size, and no proprietary battery. Charging it outside the light would be a plus. But that's all down the road because – I've got a new bright and shiny headed my way! So yay me!

I swear this is my last Olight! Seriously.

hatman

Enlightened
Olight is really good at advertising and making us want its lights.
And it's a big enough company that it could make just about any size and quality of light.
Sadly for consumers, it's less good at disclosing the tint and beam it's selling -- two of the most important specs for flashaholics.
I see these ads, want the lights and then back off when I can't figure out what I'd be getting.

chip100t

Enlightened
I delete all my emails from olight, benchmade and spyderco straight away without opening them. That way I stay well out of temptations way.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I may start doing the same with Olight and Benchmade. I don't get anything from Spyderco so I'm ok on that front. Right now I'm looking at a Fenix PD40 V2. Then I'll stop for awhile. Because I can stop anytime I want.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
My only regret about my WXP is I don't get to really use it nearly as much as I want to…

It's a dang nice light.