OMG - NEW Lowes Task Force 3W "CREE" 2C 150+ lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

green814

Newly Enlightened
I forgot to mention I picked mine up at the NEW Lowe's in Rochester, Mi if anyone nearby is looking for one. They had 1 left as of yesterday late morning.

I am pretty happy with it. Didn't have a lot of time to play with the new light, but impressed for the price so far!

OK you modding, machining guru's!!!!

Do you guys think a "cap" could be made for this light to fit on the head when you unscrew the "barrel" where the batteries are? I think this would make a GREAT bike helmet light run with a battery pack since the "head" of the flashlight is small & light! & has great light output.

IF this question should be asked elsewhere, please let me know!

Thank you,
Chris

sims2k

Enlightened
I found about a dozen of these at the Findlay, OH Lowes yesterday after calling and visiting five other Lowes round northwest Ohio. I also picked up the ROV from Menards from the same town.

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
I made sure to forward that address to all the people who buy me xmas presents too :)

MstrHnky

Enlightened
I found about a dozen of these at the Findlay, OH Lowes yesterday after calling and visiting five other Lowes round northwest Ohio. I also picked up the ROV from Menards from the same town.

how do the two compare? i just picked up the new task force from lowes in rochester, ny (henrietta location). this is my first LED flashlight as i'm new to the forums. i want to know how the rayovac 4W does because the task force has a life time warranty, so i can take it back if the rayovac is better.

pictures would be nice. i'm interested in throw the most. brightness is important, too. focus is important, but not a necessity.

in any case, it blows the crap out of my previous Mag 3 cell incandescent. it's brighter, whiter (duh), and lights up the surrounding area better. the only thing i don't like is that you can't stand it on end. if the rayovac sportman can do that, i might have to make the switch.

now i need to find a nice small LED (Mag 2AA size) for the glove compartment in my truck.

Canuke

Enlightened
Aw crap, picked one up last night at the Simi Valley CA Lowes and found out about the promo now ;(

Anyhow, not too bad, if a bit rattley. Total output as measured by the bounce-off-ceiling comparo test (aim both lights at white ceiling, flash one light on and off while the other is on to see which light's total bounce is "dominant"; non-scientific, but good for comparison) seems to be the same as my Seoul P4-USVOI modded Hokus Fokus. Oddly, the hot spot sems less powerful than the Coast, but I figure it's because the TaskForce has some spill to it.

That's with 3xAA Nimh's in the Fokus, and the new Duracell alkaline C's in the Taskforce. I've not yet tried it with rechargeables.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
That's with 3xAA Nimh's in the Fokus, and the new Duracell alkaline C's in the Taskforce. I've not yet tried it with rechargeables.

what's a good power for rechargables for this size and how much do they cost? i'm just getting in to this hobby, so it's all foreign to me.

if all goes well, i'll have 1 - Mag 3 D cell and 2 - Mag 2AA lights to mess with.

pirinst

Newly Enlightened
Got mine yesterday at Clackamas Lowes in PortlandOR

For the price an excellent throw. It compares in brightness to my
150 lumen Gerber Incan which is a much better quality light buildwise
(hence the double cost over the Taskforce)

Has a tighter spot than the Gerber incan.

I don't particularly care for the reverse clicky but that's what comes with it.

Would say that LEDs are now at the bridgepoint of most incans and with
the more powerful and more efficient crees on the way will bypass in
brightness most incans not counting the super bright and HIDs.

Been waiting a YEAR for a cree light to show up in the stores. It's been
a long wait.

wwglen

Enlightened
I got mine.

I looked at 5 lowes and finally found one. It was in the back of the display with a bunch of old ones and turned BACKWARDS.

If I got someones hidden stash, too bad.

The package is a little smaller than the old one and with it backwards I didn't think it was the same item but I checked it out anyway.

Mne has a slightly off center emitter which makes the spot a little blotchy but it throws almost as good as my 2-C mag light modded to three "123" cells.

Larger hot spot, more spill and white.

I like it and it has PLENTY of spill for outside walking once you stop looking at the spot.

I wouldn't have goten it at the $30 price but for $20 it is great.

wwglen

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
I picked one up today after trying two other Lowes in Raleigh, NC. Found it at the store on Lynn Rd. off 70

Amazing for the price and STUPIDLY easy to upgrade. unscrew the bezel and the whole star is just sitting in a countersunk hole with the two leads soldered on. looks as if you could install the latest greatest emitter in about 5 minutes even with lame soldering skills

Dobbler

Enlightened
Still none in the Pacific NW. Tried a couple of stores in the Seattle area and none have it here in the Portland area.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Looks like i got my Lowes $10 off coupon

JUST in time ! :naughty:

:twothumbs
_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts