One AA, Pocket Clip, Momentary Only, Switch Protection, Water Resistant, Shock Resist

sprawlcowboy

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I've had Streamlights and Surefires mostly for weapon lights.

Recently picked up a Bushnell as an EDC light. Didn't cut the mustard.

As my title says, I'm looking for a new EDC light.

One AA battery, pocket clip, momentary only switch activation (can also rotate to keep on without switch but not required), switch protection (to keep it from being pressed while seated in pocket), basic water resistance (10m for 10 minutes for example), impact resistant, and would prefer 50 lumens and above (the more the better).

Thanks for your wisdom guys. It is appreciated.

Thanks,

M

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
Maybe a Peak LED Solutions El Capitan with a momentary switch? I'm not sure about switch protection -- I don't think they lock out, but could be wrong.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, a Peak El Capitan (or Logan 17500) with (optional) clip and switch would be an excellent choice.

Although the "lock-out" does not electrically isolate the (potential) circuit pathway, there is enough room with most standard-sized batteries to untwist it far enough to avoid accidental activation. It is important to have the correct switch installed, however, since there have been different versions of these ....

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
+1 on the Peak lights, downside is that if you're running them in single mode they'll get HOT quickly using Li-ion. Not a problem unless you twist the light on and set it down somewhere.

I also don't think they're 10m waterproof, I don't know many lights that are 2bh.

dss_777

Enlightened
Malkoff MDC, probably of the AA variety, though don't rule out the CR123 versions...