• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

One of a Kind Auction: (Maui fund) Items Added**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I have all kinds of anticipated as well as unimagined expenses coming up with the new digs on Maui. As a result, I am offering up some of my collection on auction; proceeds to further my follies. :eek:

I have 7 different auction items pictured and described below. These will go to the highest posted bid here in this thread, at close of auction. Please constrain your questions and comments to this thread. Please clearly identify your bid with the number(s) of the item(s) and the amount of your bid(s). There is no reserve on any of these items and if the highest bid is $1, that is what they will go for. I really don't know what these are worth on the market and I leave myself to your mercy in those regards. :duck:I will include Priority Mail or Global Priority Mail with the item. If you want other shipping or insurance (the light is yours when I deliver it to the shipper), then we can go that route but I will let you pick up the cost (less a $5 shiping credit). I have lists of stuff to do before I fly over on this coming saturday so I will end this auction on Wed the 24th at 9:00pm PDT (GMT/UTC -7); specifically as the forum time stamp so indicates. A board time stamp of 9:01 pm will be ruled as too late. I guess we will go with the time stamp on the posts?!?

I will need the bid winners to e-mail me with the auction item (number and brief description) in the subject line as well as their CPF name and real name and mailing address in the body of the E-mail. I think I have covered the details so now on to the items.....

Item # 1

001.jpg

This is a McLuxIII-T titanium light with a NexGenx2 driver set on the nitrous levels (800 mA/ 80 mA if memory serves) and it has a UYAJ Luxeon in it. It is cool in color temp (the way I prefer; that's why I used this LED :eek: ) but it is not overly rosy or bluish in tint, to my eyeballs. I masked and bead blasted the head and battery tube

Item #2

002.jpg

This guy is a chrome Aleph 3 with a CR2 battery pack and a new McClickie switch in the tail cap. The light engine is a NexGen500 driving a TX0J emitter.

Item #3

003.jpg

This light is a modified L1 host that now contains 2xCR123 batteries driving a BB750 and a 5W Luxeon hosted in a PR head. This may have the last X3T that I had if I had to guess but it would be a guess. This light also has an experimental McR-27 as does its taller brother below. These reflectors were bead blasted by me and then sent to a friend of ours in the industry who had them specially chrome plated. A special process tested specifically for light reflection. I don't recall all of the details and I will not identify our friend so don't ask. :eek: The two stage switch was re-resistored to give two stages appropriate for the driver.

The result is a very fine texture to the reflective surface and a nice blend of light in the beam.

Item #4

004.jpg

This light is a modified L2 host that now contains 3xCR123 batteries and a DB770 and a 5W Luxeon hosted in a PR head. This light also has one of the special soft focus reflectors as mentioned in item #3.

Item #5

005.jpg

Now this light really spans the McLux history line and is the most unique offering here. It has an Aleph 1 head (anodized and then coated with the soft, velvety urathane finish) with a Ti 27 mm Bezel ring. There is a shoppe NexGen 500 TX1J Light engine in it and the head was tested and and tasted by a Cowery as witnesed by Friendly. The power pack is an original McLux 1x123 with Kroll switch that is a one of a kind itself. CPF's own Jets22 had this power pack TiCN plated for me and the titanium clip also has the TiCN plating. This film is even harder than the gold TiN plating. (an aside: I think a titanium light with this finish would be the ultimate material for tactical applications.)

Item #6

006.jpg

This is an early McLuxIII PD that was chrome plated and then over plated with 24kt gold. It has a prototype Ti bezel ring that I machined. The ring is not as nice as the production parts that followed but it is unique. :eek: I also polished up the ring and clip. I have no recall what the LED is. The piston has a H3 vial in it.

Item #7

007.jpg

This item is actually a trio of lights that really should remain in a set but I leave that to the new owner. The 1x123 tubes are chrome plated. The heads and FT caps are type two marbled anodized. The Cyan is a low dome 1W with two stage NG500 driver. The red is an overdriven Luxeon 3 with a Wiz2 930 driver and a moded clickie hiding in a FT tail cap; single stage since the Wiz2 were not amenable to 2 stage. The royal blue is a luxeon III driven by a NG500. I have done a bunch of colored LED mods through the years and I never knew what was what without turning on the light. This set was great as I didn't have to guess what the color of the LED was! :D

Item #8

008.jpg

This is a modified SF 6P with a battery tube that now accepts E series heads such as the special glossy black Aleph 3 head on it now. The tube was also bored out from the rear to accept 18650 cells but NOT the overly fat Pila 18650. The light engine that comes with the light is a Wiz2 1000 experimental which has worked fine on the 2xCR123 cells in it at present. There is a proto classic two stage switch module in the tail cap. The anodize of the head matches the body exceptionally well and the over all apearance and porportions of this light just looks right, IMHO.

Item # 9

009.jpg

This SF M6 with crenelated bezel is host to a Tri-Luxeon mod I did some time ago. Each Luxeon is driven by its own DB917 converter which drops the redundancy factor back to the shared battery supply with all forward of the batteries on their own circuits. The tail cap switch is a modified 2 stage switch.

Item #10

010.jpg

This is an Aleph 1 on a 1x123 Ti pack with guarded McClickie tail switch, also Ti. The Aleph1 head has three tiny H3 vials well recessed in one ofits fins (120 degrees from each other on major axis). One of the H3 vials is visible in the image. The light engine in this is a NG750 powering a UX1K Luxeon III. This head also hosts one of the special experimental McR-27 reflectors that has a soft focus on the image. The front is finished off with a 27 mm Ti bezel ring.

OK, that is the group up for auction here. This post took longer than I had anticipated and I really do need to concentrate on non CPF stuff in the next week! I will drop in from time to time to answer any questions but I hope most of the information has already been supplied here. At auction end, I think I will start at the back of the thread and pick the first post I find with each item clearly bid on. This should provide the highest bid for each light. Given this intent, please don't muddy the waters with a false or unclear post. :bow:

Thanks for looking and I won't pretend that the proceeds from this auction are going to a good cause! I will state that they will further one person's exploration into solid state lighting and a goofy unique lifestyle! :green: :eek:

EDIT: A portion of the proceeds actually will go to a good cause; CPF. I forgot a most important aspect here! :ohgeez:

Last edited:

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: One of a Kind Auction: (Maui fund)

Item # 1: My bid is $450.00.

GalvanickLucifer

Newly Enlightened

Okay - I know I'll lose each of these in the very near future but wanted to participate anyway. Maybe no one else will bid! :)

#2 - $100
#3 - $100
#4 - $100
#5 - $100
#6 - $100
#7 - $100

greenLED

Flashaholic

um... guys, Item #1 is already at $450 (see post #2).
Best luck, Master McGizmo!

Regentag

Banned

Just sychronizing my local clock.

Item #7 - $101.00

Edit: your system clock is off (fast) by about 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Regentag

Banned

Just a hint about online auctions for those that have not wasted countless hours buying useless junk on E-Bay.

As tempting as it is to be the "high bidder", it's a complete waste of time to post any bids until, say (conservatively) 10 minutes before the close of an auction. Then you post your maximum bid. This gives the other bidders (1/2 of whom may be asleep) little time to respond with a counter, or get into a pointless bidding war.

This is nothing like a live auction. Think about it. Google it.
Relax. It'll all work out in the end.

Just to make this post official, rather than OT I'll go up to $102 on #7.

But hey - no more free advice!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Reg, I think most of the early bidders here aren't bidding to win, they are bidding to make sure that Don get's his maui fund and to also make sure that since they likely can't afford to win the auction, whoever does will feel it :devil: and not snipe away an expensive light for little money.

Regentag

Banned

Well that DOES change things a bit! My humblest apologies.

Given the new circumstances, I'll up my bid to $103 for #7.

Fringe

Enlightened

This will be interesting.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! This is gonna get ugly around 8:55 on Wed.

I didn't know we can sell stuff this way on CPF. I've always wanted to use the CPF auction section which is now defunct.

I'll be there on Wednesday :)