Online Gaming - Whats the point ? Rant

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that sadly , online game play is a window to our worlds future .

just look at it now , where it was , and where we are headed , its an ugly picture .

I started my life when things were good , and when my life ends , and I may see a glimpse of how low we can go [ society ] ..

Greed nearly brought the world to its knees , and every financial melt down has been due to criminal activity from the financial sector ..

I wait to see who if anyone goes to jail , after this last one [ re packaged mortgage melt down ] , some one should get 3 or 4 hundred years for there trouble .. I call it FINANCIAL TERRORISM !!! , I bet Bin Laddin is kicking himself somewhere for not thinking of it himself ...

I sure do hope the World Governments are not going to reward these Financial Terrorists for the damage they did ? :candle:

And there in lies the problem , do bad and be rewarded , do good and get your *** kicked ... :shakehead

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that sadly , online game play is a window to our worlds future .

just look at it now , where it was , and where we are headed , its an ugly picture .

I started my life when things were good , and when my life ends , and I may see a glimpse of how low we can go [ society ] ..
:shakehead

Written complaints like this go back over 2000 years and I'm sure that it was said when Ugg IV started using clubs and Ugg III saw what was going on.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I sure do hope the World Governments are not going to reward these Financial Terrorists for the damage they did ? :candle:

And there in lies the problem , do bad and be rewarded , do good and get your *** kicked ... :shakehead

While not always the case this is certainly often the case. Generally speaking, it's interesting that as human beings we have an uncanny ability to recognize the wrongs perpetrated by others while having a much more limited perception of our own transgressions. While Western law is closely based off of ancient Mosaic Law it's worth considering how any of us might fare in light of the knowledge of this law if we were to examine ourselves with humility.

If a cheat or "hack" in a silicon generated world of non-reality can test the limits of our restraint, contrast this scenario with the actual harm that we may have personally inflicted, sometimes knowingly or intentionally, over the course of our lives. When I think of it this way, suddenly I'm less concerned with the dishonest virtual opponent on my computer screen and start looking inwardly instead of outwardly. If everyone were to suddenly start looking inwardly, recognize their own deficiencies and seek to embrace righteousness, there would be a lot fewer game cheats or even "financial terrorists" for that matter.

While widespread good moral behavior will certainly improve many of the problems we suffer as a civilization, we'll never experience a utopia here on earth. The problem is that we're simply incapable of moral faultlessness and because of this fact the world will always suffer a certain amount of turmoil even given our best efforts. Fortunately there is hope for something better and I believe the key lies in seeking answers through the author of moral perfection.

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Rant On !!..........

Why do so many LOW LIFE SCUM [ and I mean that ] feel the need to cheat in online games , Aimbots [Auto aim ] , Wall hacks [ see through walls ] , body armor hacks .

I've owned a ps3 for about a year now, and I have about 10 or so games, including cod 4, cod waw, and cod mw2. I had NO idea about all of these hacks, i've seen a couple of glitches where people are floating in the sky or they are underneath the ground shooting at you, but these glitches are usually only around for a couple of weeks until a patch comes out and then they're fixed.

I played mw2 since the day it came out until early march this year, and then I just got burnt out and haven't played it again, so maybe these hacks are new?

What is an aimbot? what are body armor hacks? are they actually real, or is it just something people assume when they meet a really good player and/or team? Just wondering.