Online Gaming - Whats the point ? Rant

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rant On !!..........

Why do so many LOW LIFE SCUM [ and I mean that ] feel the need to cheat in online games , Aimbots [Auto aim ] , Wall hacks [ see through walls ] , body armor hacks .

Originally Hacks were for the mentally and physically handicapped people so they could play computer games , but now , it seems there are more mentally or physically handicapped people playing than ever before . Either that or cheating low life scum .

To me these people are like able bodied people who park in handicapped parking spaces , the lowest of the low .

Rant off .....

vali

Enlightened
Some ppl suck at games even with cheat assist. They try to lie themselves, but in the end they are just frustrated people.

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
I looove the feeling of killing those people with cheats. Most of the time good skill >> cheats

good skill + cheats is pretty darn unbeatable though haha...

carrot

Flashaholic
That's why I play on Xbox Live almost exclusively.

Sure it's a subscription service but I think I'm getting what I pay for when I don't have to suffer wallhacks and aimbots or really any kind of cheaters.

Valve's VAC does a great job of weeding out cheaters too so I have a great time playing TF2 and L4D on PC as well.

mrartillery

Enlightened
I can deal with the cheaters most of the time, its the 8 year olds who think they are bad asses over a bluetooth headset and dogs barking very loudly that really **** me off, most of the time I just turn my bluetooth off out of frustration.:(

ypsifly

Enlightened
That's why I play on Xbox Live almost exclusively.

Sure it's a subscription service but I think I'm getting what I pay for when I don't have to suffer wallhacks and aimbots or really any kind of cheaters.

I hear a lot of complaints about people JTAGing their boxes and creating code to wallhack and such. One of my cooks claims he stopped playing CoD online because of it.

The only game I like playing online is L4D2 and maybe Borderlands.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call of Duty is notorious for cheaters.
But then again you could just need to practice more. When I used to play more people used to call me a cheater, I was just THAT much better than them.

Recently I logged in to Cod4 MW and I was getting owned. I thought for sure some people were cheating, but once I got back in the zone I was at the top of the board.

carrot

Flashaholic
I hear a lot of complaints about people JTAGing their boxes and creating code to wallhack and such. One of my cooks claims he stopped playing CoD online because of it.

The only game I like playing online is L4D2 and maybe Borderlands.
Yes, you can hack the Xbox to allow you to cheat or whatever. But if you are caught your Xbox is banned from LIVE permanently and you have to buy a new Xbox to play online. So most people judge that it's not worth it. Also, the games are patched frequently to prevent cheats.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well , counter strike is hacked out to the max , COD Modern Ware fare 2 is hacked to the max as well [ Been playing COD since Christmas ] .. Wasnt so bad early on , but now its just a joke .. VAC - STEAM , there a joke too ..

A few years ago they were banning people , but cheating is so rampant now , its just a joke ..

The hackers just buy a new game , change the IP , and keep hacking ..
Nothing short of a law suite is going to stop them , slapping em with a Million dollar damages claim ought to slow them down .

I cant think of a single 1st person shooter thats not hacked now .. The only thing you can do is grab the latest and greatest and play it till the scum get to hard to bear .
Voice - Yeah , so many tough pussies out there ... I just turn my speaker off and play less sound .

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Look for me on XBox Live playing MW2 as SoL BetterArmed. I only play the hardcore matches because in real life it does not take a whole clip to put you out of the fight.

I have a blast usually and if I'm in a room where I just can't seem to get ahead due to spawn killing or the other team seeming to always know where I am then I just back out and try another room. Life is too short to fight the cheaters and I play to have fun. If I want annoyance and frustration them I'll just go pull some overtime at work or something. Also I have a club, the "red mike" club. Run your mouth too much, whine, or play music over your headset and BAM, you get to join. It's a beautiful thing to permanantly shut up kids who like to talk trash or people who don't speak english at all.

I can usually find a room where nobody is cheating and stay in the top 4 once I'm warmed up. If you are not having fun then don't play, it's supposed to be enjoyable.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
By your title, I thought you meant, "What's the point of online gaming?"

I was gonna agree with you. :cool:

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
I play on line games and just tried CoD the other day. Hated it
Reminds me of the PVP in the games I play. People cheat and are so driven to win at all cost.After you get ganked by some hacked out addict, then the name calling starts. Maybe I'm just too old school pen/paper role player to get into PVP games.

vali

Enlightened
I have to say I played online games a lot, but most of the games I like are not the superfamous games where all the kids play and try to win at all costs, have bad behaviour and the experience itself is a pain.

Several years ago I played DoD. Nice game with the same base as Counter Strike but, to me, the players seemed a lot more mature. Cheaters were not common (all of them were busy playing CS :p) and due the game nature they didnt last even when hacking.

Recently I played rFactor too. If you avoid the servers where the aids are allowed you will probably have great races. Most of the time the players respect each other and know the racetrack. One of the advantages of playing niche games: people who play them, tend to be good players. In the end we made a community and leased a server just for us. Last time I played we were about 100 guys distributed in several leagues according to skill and made several races a week with about 25-30 players each. A LOT of fun.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
By your title, I thought you meant, "What's the point of online gaming?"

I was gonna agree with you. :cool:

:confused: That was what I thought this was going to be about.

Not that old, but I don't get the online gaming thing either.

I do get the cheating rant angle & don't see the point of even playing a game (any game or sport) if you are going to cheat.

Where is the satisfaction in winning under those circumstances?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Regarding the specifics of cheating while online gaming, it's simply a problem of morality and a snapshot of the human condition. I think that when we add this pre-existing problem together with a simulation of reality it only encourages or amplifies the behavior of those who are morally defiant or handicapped. Additionally, the lack of any consequence either by referee, constable or belief in a transcendent ultimate authority and there's very little to dissuade game cheaters or just cheats in general.

It's not just glitches and aimbots either that can make for a poor experience. It's vehicle thieves, team killers, hecklers and various antagonists who are more often than not a greater problem than dedicated hackers. Let's face it, it's pretty hard to have a good game if someone decides to intentionally disrupt it. I wish that I could say that I'm immune from ever doing the wrong ethical thing while online gaming but unfortunately I'm not. Instead of ignoring antagonistic behavior or simply leaving the game, I've often gone on the offensive in an attempt make the original perpetrator's game a living nightmare. In doing so, I've only contributed to the problem instead of yielding to the eternal authority which I all too often fail to model myself after.

If we're honest with ourselves I think we'll recognize that we've all at one time behaved wrong or apart from what we inherently know is good or right. Actually, I've never personally known a person who can say that they've never cheated, lied or stole something during their life. While I don't personally understand why it would be enjoyable for someone to cheat via hacking, I do understand that people practice immoral behavior on a daily basis and it points to an underlying problem with humanity.

sol92258

Newly Enlightened
well spake, sir. spot on

Regarding the specifics of cheating while online gaming, it's simply a problem of morality and a snapshot of the human condition. I think that when we add this pre-existing problem together with a simulation of reality it only encourages or amplifies the behavior of those who are morally defiant or handicapped. Additionally, the lack of any consequence either by referee, constable or belief in a transcendent ultimate authority and there's very little to dissuade game cheaters or just cheats in general.

It's not just glitches and aimbots either that can make for a poor experience. It's vehicle thieves, team killers, hecklers and various antagonists who are more often than not a greater problem than dedicated hackers. Let's face it, it's pretty hard to have a good game if someone decides to intentionally disrupt it. I wish that I could say that I'm immune from ever doing the wrong ethical thing while online gaming but unfortunately I'm not. Instead of ignoring antagonistic behavior or simply leaving the game, I've often gone on the offensive in an attempt make the original perpetrator's game a living nightmare. In doing so, I've only contributed to the problem instead of yielding to the eternal authority which I all too often fail to model myself after.

If we're honest with ourselves I think we'll recognize that we've all at one time behaved wrong or apart from what we inherently know is good or right. Actually, I've never personally known a person who can say that they've never cheated, lied or stole something during their life. While I don't personally understand why it would be enjoyable for someone to cheat via hacking, I do understand that people practice immoral behavior on a daily basis and it points to an underlying problem with humanity.