Sold/Expired Open! MT-G2 Regulated 2x18350 Lights! (Preorder)

texas cop

Enlightened
Still hoping that this MT-G2 trend continues. I just don't get the same fix from those puny XM-L's anymore. Really loving throw through sheer flood concepts.

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

That's good progress, but I'm sorry we (apparently) killed your Fourth of July :)...

Thanks for the update!

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
test test and more testing. :D

Zak when completed I'll PM you specific shipping info.

Thanks!

darkknightlight

Enlightened
No worries, i still had a good time on the fourth :) hopefully i will have all three finished by tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Well i can attest to the effective thermal transfer of the copper mcpcb! The copper really is effective in transferring heat. So much so that when i was trimming the pcb for ledmitter's light, the emitter slid down the pcb almost 2mm. I ordered an extra emitter, so no worries :) i am going to take a minute to rethink how i trim down the pcb though.

Zach

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Well i can attest to the effective thermal transfer of the copper mcpcb! The copper really is effective in transferring heat. So much so that when i was trimming the pcb for ledmitter's light, the emitter slid down the pcb almost 2mm. I ordered an extra emitter, so no worries :) i am going to take a minute to rethink how i trim down the pcb though.

Zach

Hi,

By "the emitter slid down the pcb", do you mean the emitter unsoldered itself from the PCB?

darkknightlight

Enlightened
To be honest, i can't tell. Is the solder used between a pcb and led just standard stuff? Because i don't see typical silver solder...i could be mistaken though

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouchy. That's a shame. Well, I have two drop ins to keep me occupied for later :D

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Good news and bad news guys. The good news is that I have three functional and very bright lights! The bad news is that it wasn't until they were completely assembled that I realized two of the drivers were not programmed as I had ordered them. Ledmitter, your 3 amp driver is programmed for high mode only, and Ohaya, your 3.5 amp driver is programmed for high-medium-strobe. I will be emailing IOS shortly to resolve the driver issue.

This was definitely a learning experience for me; I shouldn't assume each part ordered functions as it is supposed to without testing them first. I'm sorry my poor decision is going to result in a longer wait time for you Ledmitter and Ohaya. If you would prefer I refund your money rather than wait for replacement parts, I definitely understand. Please let me know.

Texas cop, your assembled light will be shipped to you on Monday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Good news and bad news guys. The good news is that I have three functional and very bright lights! The bad news is that it wasn't until they were completely assembled that I realized two of the drivers were not programmed as I had ordered them. Ledmitter, your 3 amp driver is programmed for high mode only, and Ohaya, your 3.5 amp driver is programmed for high-medium-strobe. I will be emailing IOS shortly to resolve the driver issue.

This was definitely a learning experience for me; I shouldn't assume each part ordered functions as it is supposed to without testing them first. I'm sorry my poor decision is going to result in a longer wait time for you Ledmitter and Ohaya. If you would prefer I refund your money rather than wait for replacement parts, I definitely understand. Please let me know.

Texas cop, your assembled light will be shipped to you on Monday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

For mine, H-M-Strobe mode sequence is fine. Weird, but fine :)...

Jim

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. Can they be flashed or programmed with jumpers? How do you see it panning out with IOS?

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Jim,

As long as you will be happy with that mode sequence, it's yours! It was actually the sequence that Ledmitter had ordered for his light. I will ship it out monday as well.

Zach

darkknightlight

Enlightened
IOS is able to program the driver, so it should be a simple fix. I've emailed Hank, so we'll have to go from there. I'm not real worried, Hank has been great to deal with throughout this project.

Zach

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh they have to receive the driver back right?

Is the driver already soldered or glued into the pill? Sounds like a headache :D

Give them hell :D

darkknightlight

Enlightened
I expect they will want the driver back, but it has already been soldered into the light. To be honest, I don't have much of an issue eating the cost of a new driver; it was my mistake not to check the programming of the driver prior to assembling the lights.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man. That does sound like a headache. Can the host be salvaged?

3A H-M-Strobe with mode memory is best, unfortunately a constant on High 2,000 lumen light will need a step down to be practically useful.

IOS should express ship you a replacement for the trouble they caused you. :D Anyway, i'm not in a rush or anything, so I can hang out.

texas cop

Enlightened
Bad news about your drivers. When I order from China it's like a grab bag of surprises. Only once was the mistake in my favor, with the cost of shipping back I usually just eat their mistake and order again. Only two Chinese companies have never made a mistake with my orders, first is SolarForce, second is Fasttech. Intl-outdoor has made a couple of mistakes with my orders but always came through to fix it at his cost.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Bad news about your drivers. When I order from China it's like a grab bag of surprises. Only once was the mistake in my favor, with the cost of shipping back I usually just eat their mistake and order again. Only two Chinese companies have never made a mistake with my orders, first is SolarForce, second is Fasttech. Intl-outdoor has made a couple of mistakes with my orders but always came through to fix it at his cost.

I must be really lucky. I've read about other people's issues with ordering from China based dealers, but I've never really had issues. I've ordered from different dealers at last a dozen times. Hopefully this is just a fluke. And like i said, Hank has been a great help to me throughout this process.

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Hmm.. Can they be flashed or programmed with jumpers? How do you see it panning out with IOS?

Hi,

I had communicated with IOS awhile ago, before requesting the sequence here, and Hank said that they have to build the driver with the desired modes there, before shipping.