Sold/Expired Open! MT-G2 Regulated 2x18350 Lights! (Preorder)

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Not to worry, the reflector has always been insulated. This was to do with the trimmed copper pcb somehow having contact problems with the pill. It was solved as soon as i insulated the sides of the pcb :)

Oh, and you will have as much reflector as possible!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm not going to get much done on the lights today. My family came into town for a surprise visit :) I'll get back on the lights tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding!
Zach

O

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
No problem for me, but thanks for the heads up!

Jim

ledmitter_nli

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Family time is good time. Seriously have a good weekend. :wave:

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words! I had a great time today. I'll finish up the lights tomorrow and get them shipped out Monday.

Zach

ledmitter_nli

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping confirmation received! :twothumbs

O

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
According to USPS.com, it's now in my state... probably sitting about 5 miles from where I live :)!

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Sweet! Now comes the hard part...waiting for it to travel that five miles...

O

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
The proverbial "last (5) mile problem", right :)?

ledmitter_nli

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received. O.M.G.

:eek:

Like a stadium light that fits in your shirt pocket!

Can't wait for evening :D :D

PS. The build quality is like a real manufacturer! Nice!

More thoughts later.

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
I'm glad you like it!! Yeah, night time will be...illuminating :)

Edit: Ledmitter, i know you had wanted a lanyard, does the one that comes with the light work for you?

Last edited:
T

texas cop

Enlightened
These little lights really shine at 3 amps. I may need to add an M2 to the list.

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Since my first three customers have started receiving their lights, I have been getting a fair amount of interest via PM. I do plan on offering more of these lights, but I need to rethink how I am going about selling them. I would prefer to be able to have materials on hand, and not force the customer to wait so long to receive their light.

Edit: It has also been brought to my attention that the pricing and options list is difficult to follow; would people prefer if I had one slightly higher price per light, and people could choose their driver without any price increase?

I may also need to rethink pricing on the M2 (P60) sized light if I decide to continue offering it. The reason is that it takes over 3 hours to assemble one of them. The copper pcb that the MTG2 needs must be shaped down to the proper size (which is difficult because copper is harder than aluminum), the reflector has to be opened by hand, the reflector isolation disc is opened by hand, and the positive contact for the all but one of the drivers has to be cut by hand. I'm saying all of this in the spirit of openness, and because I am genuinely interested in peoples' input. Is there enough demand for the M2 for me to justify offering it? If anyone would like to weigh in either in this thread or via PM, please do.

Finally, I am working on a "new" offering. Those that have been watching this thread since the beginning may remember I originally had offered an "M1" host. I just started messing with that particular body style again with an idea that I've got banging around my head... keep tuned!

Last edited:
ledmitter_nli

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
These little lights really shine at 3 amps. I may need to add an M2 to the list.

Even at 3.0 amps it's brighter than my Kerberos quad XP-G2 and creates less heat. :eek: Yeah, the $200 drop-ins. I'd estimate about 2,000 lumens for the MT-G2 vs 1,750+ for the Kerberos.

The run time @ 3.0amps using 2X18350's is good too.

One saving grace for the Kerberos though, is, I've been able to choose warmer tints which 'feel' better overall (similar to halogen) and the warm output is still bright enough to appear 'professional'. It definitely doesn't look like anything you can find off the shelf. The quad optics looks awesome on a SureFire C2 to boot. They are a match made in heaven. :D

Of all the CREE's the MT-G2 has the whitest light I've seen, just 1 step below the Nichia 219.

Hey Zach, you wearen't messing around when you said it will have as much reflector as possible. The MT-G2 is seated at the base of the reflector perfectly. There are no gaps whatsoever around the perimeter base of the dome. It's like the LED and reflector came all as one unit direct from CREE :D. And crystal clear optics. Good precise work man.

Last edited:
ledmitter_nli

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll get some photos together later. Its worthy of display.

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Wow, that is a huge compliment! I really appreciate all of the positive things you've had to say :) I'm honored.

Zach

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Ohaya, I tried to reply but your inbox is full.

darkknightlight

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Ordering will be closed for now; sorry to all those interested! I hope to be back open for ordering in the next week. A potential issue has come to my attention with regards to the T10B tailswitch; I will keep you informed along the way!

Thanks,
Zach