Opinions on the new "pineapple" body style

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does the collective think?

I could go with the pineapple provided it got shrank a bit. I didn't like the old body style either, not enough knurling. I think FiveMega got it right back in the day.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got a MD2 with the new style. I like it better then the old one, its more distinguished. It looks and feels more "premium", if that makes any sense. However, I dont think Im a fan of it for anything longer then the MD2 body. MD4s should have remained the way they were IMO.

FDP

Newly Enlightened
I love my MDC with the "pineapple" knurling!

5001craig

Newly Enlightened

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 222

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like the 21mm body/battery mates really well with the shorty Hound Dog.

Marriage made in heaven, really.

CHNeal

Enlightened
Honestly disliked it until I tried the 21700 body. The pineapple is excellent on this.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
My first Malkoff has the pineapple knurling (though I have plenty of other lights with more traditional grip-enhancers to compare it to), and I dig it. Between the girthy head, knurling, clip, and tricap, it's not hard to hold onto this light. Looks good, too.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I like it. Just received my new one today, to be used at work. Took a picture before it gets beat up. I think it is enough knurling without being too much. I clip it on and off my pocket numerous times a day. Too much knurling takes a lot more effort.

Attachments

• MD2.jpg
    MD2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 185

fulee9999

Enlightened
I like how it doesn't snag on my clothes, but it's also slippery when wet... kinda win-some-lose-some situation.
So far I've been more happy with the fact that it didn't tear a new one in my t-shirts than annoyed with the slippage.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It would be nice if Malkoff offered both style grips, and maybe deepen the traditional knurling
I like how the old Kroll switch body was knurled.

8991BC05-AA1D-4BC3-B12E-A91D99A3EBC1.jpeg

Pretty much the same depth between 'islands' of knurls as the body with a removeable tail cap but a wider gap between them. Kinda acts like rain tires on a race car versus dry pavement tires.

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
Not a huge fan. I've always liked the traditional knurling. Thinking seriously of buying an MD3 while the old style is still available, buy trying to figure out how to do that without getting in trouble for buying more gadgets, especially since I just built an E2 and have an M3 in the mail unannounced...

Latest posts