Opinions on this

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

On the 6th a few days ago, I called my telecommunications company & asked to have a promotional streaming item removed from my bill.
I wasn't going to use it & they were hoping I would forget about it = then bill me for it.

At 8;30am the next day; I was at my desk about 15 feet from my side door and there was a aggressive noise from the door, thought 'holy $hit what is that, no way it could be an animal just too much noise, then thought it could be my gas company because my meter is right there'
Trust me, it was not a knocking on the door sound, no way, I was right there.
All that went though my head in about 2 seconds...

Then a few seconds later, the doorbell rang, it was my telecommunications company and for wherever reason scheduled a tech to come out, not asking me or even telling me the day before,, they just showed up.

This guy tried to open my locked storm door before ringing the doorbell (my doorbell is a basic one right next to the door knob,,,, IMPOSSIBLE to miss!!
??Who tries to open a door before ringing the doorbell??

Did he think maybe I wasn't home, hoping I wasn't home ????????

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Eh, he might have been prompted to knock on the door because his door bell doesn't work so he figures nobody elses does either.

My step son (rip) used to drive for ups and was trained to knock on the door before ringing a door bell.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

It wasn't a knocking on the door sound, at all.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe this guy combines work in a company with a job as a house robber and his boss is also his boss in both areas of activity and therefore covers it with these very planned trips?

Well, or he's just as he is, I heard that in some states there is an obligation to recruit certain categories of citizens, some % is required

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have greeted him with my laser on his shoe...
P1010821.jpg

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering that switching streaming channels is done in the office, what reason did he give for coming to your house? And, did he come in a company truck?
+

Exactly, absolutely no reason to be at my house.
Opened the door & said 'I didn't schedule a tech' in a way sounding more like 'why the he!! are you here'

Hindsight is always 20/20,,
I was more annoyed about the situation to think of looking for his truck, because my driveway is not necessarily right close to my house.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
If he appeared like your basic Telecom guy with pants sliding off, then I'd say you got no worries.

On the other hand,, if he was wearing face covering, gloves, and carrying a large empty satchel..

Then report it to sheriff's dept!

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Agreeing with Poppy here, most service upgrades/downgrades/changes can be done remotely unless a specific piece of equipment is needed to deliver that service. And if that specific equipment was in your home and was no longer required because of a downgrade, they're never in that big of a hurry to retrieve it. This just seems odd. I would have asked to see a company ID, and I would have noted that individual's name and title in case I needed to speak to their supervisor later.

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't open the door if Im not expecting someone or I happen know the person. There have to be appointments with me, Im not the kinda guy you can just pick up & go to the movies with, I have to be informed in advance. 48 hour advance notice. Maybe its my aspergers, but there's too much sketchiness going on in the world & I don't wanna deal with it if I dont have to. I can be paranoid at times but Im fine with that. Better safe then sorry.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
+

Exactly, absolutely no reason to be at my house.
Opened the door & said 'I didn't schedule a tech' in a way sounding more like 'why the he!! are you here'

Hindsight is always 20/20,,
I was more annoyed about the situation to think of looking for his truck, because my driveway is not necessarily right close to my house.
Did he ever give you a reason for why he was there???

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did he ever give you a reason for why he was there???
+

No, there were several questions I could have asked or things I could have done different.
At the time, I just figured he would just say he had a work order for this address...

Haven't mentioned this yet, but the following day I called the company to ask who exactly scheduled the tech,
the person I talked to said 'I don't have that information'.

I should have said 'GET THAT INFORMATION!'

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
+

No, there were several questions I could have asked or things I could have done different.
At the time, I just figured he would just say he had a work order for this address...

Haven't mentioned this yet, but the following day I called the company to ask who exactly scheduled the tech,
the person I talked to said 'I don't have that information'.

I should have said 'GET THAT INFORMATION!'
If it's any of the big name carriers, that information is on your account. It's just a matter of reaching someone at the right level that can access it. I'm sure their dispatchers can see it as well as their sales/retention team.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call their HQ ask a receptionist for a CEO , if not available ask for the cell phone number, tell him/her you are so happy with the service, and price that you want to thank CEO personally, then call his/her cell and tell all about this visit, you can be sure, big shots do not like to be bothered for things like that, especially on weekends, he/ she will find the guy who came over, and possibly cut him loose.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Didn't mention this either,, my car was parked over in my neighbors garage, so no car in driveway ect..
-was that a factor
-why was he even here
-why no confirmation from the company, nothing
-why go to the side door
-why try to open the wood/plexiglass storm door at side door & not just ring doorbell
-how available is information that I cancelled even some service (just removed a streaming app. promotion)

just a couple too many questions for me.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was not a legit tech, he might come back to finish what he started, but i think it was a tech, at my work i deal with telecom techs all the time, from several companies. some of those guys are real characters, makes me wonder how can anyone hire them, or keep them, (then i realize they are union and can not be fired or easily disciplined). some are absolutely clueless, some come in stoned, some come in hours later, close to the end of the day, and cannot finish (sometimes even start) the work, and some are highly professional knowledgeable and responsible.