Orb Raw - Cool little light but, hmm...

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
I hear you guys! That's the whole reason I finally bought the thing is that I've heard they're WAY bright. As to a Surefire U2 comparison (which I also did last night), the Orb's brightness was between my U2's level 3 and 4, and WAY dimmer than level 6.

No offence Rob, but its brightness was also pretty comparable to a Golston 7W I have (sorry if that hurt!).

So Rob, Do I just return it to the Church Street address? And how about that U-Bin upgrade that BlahBlahBlah mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Cool Pumaman, thanks for the link! That's exactly what I was looking for to verify if mine was normal or not. Clearly my Orb is the exception then. That clears it right up.

Man, this forum rocks! Thanks all!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
EuroBeetle said:
Get a Pierce M 10 on high,will blow them all away!Including the PD.

heh heh heh glad I did it's on the way. I can't wait to switch the wide optic to narrow and hit the switch to high power!!! that CPF special is a great deal. got me to cough up another $100 the same week I got my HDS 42 XR GT:rock:

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
I'm awaiting the arrival of my NS, supposedly seriouslights sent it via some funny canadian postal company and the link i have to it shows it's sitting in some sortation facility but is supposed to be delivered tomorrow? Anybody have experience with these delivery times, i've been waiting two weeks already. Anyways, when i get it, I hope it's not a "dud" as has been discussed but it definetly seems ORB is standing behind anything they make, which is piece of mind in the least and would definetly lead to future business from me! Where is my RAW NS??????

BR37

Newly Enlightened
I also ordered a Orb Raw NS from Serious Lights on 7/30/06. I rceived an e-mail telling me that it was shipped on 7/31/06 and it would be delivered today 8/10/06. I did not receive my order as of today. It was shipped by Canada Post Expedited Parcel. I checked the status of my order with the tracking number and there has been no updated info since 7/31/06. I am wondering if my Orb Raw NS will ever be delivered. Has anyone else here dealt with Serious Lights and is this the norm ; late delivery of orders?? I am in New Jersey and it seems a somewhat rediculous that it would take this long for a parcel to arrive. I would greatly appreciate if anyone here could let me know what to expect. thankyou all.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Same here, no update from the canadian place, and mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow, i guess i won't be expecting it. Maybe seriouslights.com can shed some light (wink wink) on the situation.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
fwiw, here's a comparison between my Orb Raw Ns and my Fenix P1, both running on 3.7v li-on rechargeables.

Orb Raw Ns (high):

Fenix P1:

I am guessing that since I am running both on 3.7v rechargeables, the P1 should be just about as bright as the Orb Raw Ns. From the shots, it seems like they are very similar, but the Ns puts out more spill.

BR37

Newly Enlightened
I don't wish to make a pest of myself but I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake ordering my Orb Raw NS from Seriouslights.com. Maybe I should have ordered it directly from ORB in the UK. I have read that they are very reliable and maybe I would already have my Raw if I ordered from them. My question is, has anyone here ordered anything from Seriouslights, and what kind of service did they receive. Is this company reliable or is it a rip-off operation. I am going on vacation next Friday and I was hoping I would have the new Raw NS as one of my EDC's. I'm leaving on the 18th. If I don't get my order by next Wednesday I will e-mail Seriouslights and tell them to cancel my order. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Take care all.

specialk

Newly Enlightened
I have made several orders from seriouslights.com and imho they are a trustworthy company, customer service was outstanding, they do stand behind what they sell i own the orb raw and it is a fantastic light, make sure you have 2 or more of the rcr2's because on hi mode they wont last long, but the output is brighter than my fenix p1.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't give up on seriouslights they are good folks from "Canada's Heartland" I am sure they'll make it right.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
I think i'm a perfectly painted picture of Murphy's Law when it comes to shipping/receiving anything from anyone/anytime.... on time. I cannot count the times the men in brown have delivered something late, but i can count the once/twice i've received something on time. Other companies sometimes seem better, but other times... I just don't know. (and i have no patience)

BR37

Newly Enlightened
I got my new Orb Raw NS today! I am very impressed with the fine workmanship and it is bright on high power. I compared it with my Surefire L4 and to my naked eyes was almost as bright. The beam was tighter without that "donuthole" in the center of the beam which my L4 has. I am very happy with the Raw NS. Also I must apologise for any negative statements I made concerning Seriouslights. I received my light today on the 11th instead of the 10th as was indicated on the tracking info. In my package I also received a small LED keychain light . Now that I know it takes a little time for an order to arrive, I will most definately do more business with Seriouslights. I must learn to be more patient! Take care all.