osram mini dulux review at flashlightreviews.com

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is an adjustment inside this light that makes it brighter? Pics? I love this light, and think it's giving off lumens galore to begin with.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried this adustment? What does it do to brightness and current draw? I love to use 2500mah nimh AA's in mine.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
now drain around 1,1 1,2 amp and is a bit more bright than the original 0,8 0,9 amp...

i can increase further the drain but at one point the tube start to dim

as soon i take a luxmeter i try to trim it exatly at the brightest point

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you shure about the 0,8-0,9A original curent draw?

I rememember using mine with 600mAh AA cells and I got one hour of runtime every time (this was in the time when a 600mAh cell had 600mAh .-)

Remember that using just a DMM may give misleading readings...

My experiences with this lights (several models) are that changing the trim pot decreases efficiency more than gaining anything.

What is the brighest point .-) It is the light with the most even light distribution I have (OK, from the electric ones).

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried turning the pot. The light consumed more current, but didn't seem brighter.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does this light have a sweet spot for brightness/current draw? Mine draw around 800ma as they come stock.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
i just find the point of max brightness: 1050 ma

i can raise up to 1200ma without any increase, but more than 1200ma the light start to dim

with the luxmeter i read 12 lux at 1 meter... isn't too low?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might sound odd, but has anyone else tried this light as a headlamp? As a goof, I attached it's clip to my PT EOS with the EOS lamp pointing backward, just to use the headband itself. It makes a great headlamp! Stays nicely attached to the headband, too. Perfect, flawless really bright floodlight, great for navigating and fairly close work. No 5mm led artifacts or blue. Of course, the dork factor rises for it's looks, but still... Give it a shot and be a bit surprised! Because it's a perfect 180 degree flood, it doesn't bother my vision like the beam of many headlamps, and absolutely no "tunnel vision".