Outdoor/Backyard Beamshot Thread (Review Consolidation: 76 lights) ..run and hide,56k

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
odd... The mk ii has a much wider beam but noticeably dimmer, though.
In my setup,i usually try to keep the first front tripod as close to the original position as possible, but i don't worry too much about the second one. I'll try both oughta outside the next time i get the chance through the camera snd sweet if it's the cameras sensitivity that's the problem... Either that or i really messed up on tripod placement.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Csshih,

Stellar beamshot thread! :twothumbs :kewlpics: That must've taken a ton of work and time, but man it was totally worth it...at least from my end...

And that Xtar Howitzer is a beast!!! I'd never heard of that company before, but now it looks like I'll have to add another light to my wish list. Judging by your beamshots, is it me? Or did that Xtar blow everything else away with ease. And was that a typo above the photo? Or does it really take Six (6) 18650's???

Anyways, outstanding job on the beamshots. Answered a lot of my questions about what lights I'll look to buy in the future. :thumbsup::thanks:

turan tactical

Newly Enlightened
Great work, thank you csshih!
ps: can we cite your work on our Turkish fireamrs forum tabancatufek?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi turan tactical, welcome to cpf!
Of course, feel free to use the images with credit, I am glad you asked for permission.
You can even use the same links, I have plenty of bandwidth.

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
Craig,

Do you have beamshots showing the Dereelight aspherical lens focused incrementally? Thanks. If Dereelight made a DBS head that can be legoed onto the CL1H, I wonder how many people would buy that instead of the aspherical lens.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
The DBS head is compatible with the threads on the CL1H V4, yep

no beamshots of the aspherical like that, would a indoor shot work ok?

turan tactical

Newly Enlightened
Dear Csshih,
Thanks a lot, very kind of you that you share with us :)
I really needed to ask, cuz it would be disrespectful of the owner of such a good work if I got it without permission.
I'm glad to be here in this forum with all of you :)

stangster

Newly Enlightened
So all them lights are yours? They better not be! haha..

Just wanted to say thanks for puttin in the work.

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
Craig,

Sorry for not responding to your post. I've completely forgotten I posted here.

The indoor shots will be fine. Thank you.

So the DBS V3 head fits onto the CL1H eh. That's good to know. Too bad Jay doesn't sell just the head.

The good news is I've just ordered a XR-E R2 with the 8 degree optic from Nailbender. The bad news is I think my newly acquired Solarforce L2r just shorted out my recently acquired Nailbender XP-G R3. I didn't know that can happen with two measly AA alkalines. I've had the drop-in for less than a month. Damn!

smffinancial

Newly Enlightened
csshih, I notice the Thrunite XP-g you tested is the 1 amp version, do you have access to the newer 1.5 amp? I am looking for a R5 for my Ultrafire 502b or Solarforce L2.
The Dereelight CL1H V4 w/3SD WG OP looks like if far out classes the 1 amp Thrunite, not as much of a hot spot as the Dereelight.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the beamshot of the 1.5A version today, uploading in a few hours as I have to process them

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
added --
Neofab Legion II SST50 OP reflector 3x18650
Thrunite Catapult V2 2x18650
Farka F8 1x18650
Inova X2 2xAA
Veleno Designs Volere AA 1xAA
Fenix LD15 1xAA
Veleno Designs E series XP-G Dropin 1x17670
Surefire P60L Dropin (obsolete) 2xCR123A
Thrunite 1.5A XP-G dropin 2xRCR123A
Neofab D1500 Dropin (XP-G, 1.5A, Optic) 2xRCR123A

I just realized that this tripod position is slightly wrong - camera was too far back so it caught the legs.. :crazy: I am off to college after this summer; and it is time to retire this thread soon. :sigh:

neoseikan

Enlightened
added --
Neofab Legion II SST50 OP reflector 3x18650
Thrunite Catapult V2 2x18650
Farka F8 1x18650
Inova X2 2xAA
Veleno Designs Volere AA 1xAA
Fenix LD15 1xAA
Veleno Designs E series XP-G Dropin 1x17670
Surefire P60L Dropin (obsolete) 2xCR123A
Thrunite 1.5A XP-G dropin 2xRCR123A
Neofab D1500 Dropin (XP-G, 1.5A, Optic) 2xRCR123A

I just realized that this tripod position is slightly wrong - camera was too far back so it caught the legs.. :crazy: I am off to college after this summer; and it is time to retire this thread soon. :sigh:

Hi! Csshih.
Great beamshots. I like this style very much.
Will there be a full review too?

hirabab

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of your hard work on these reviews. I am new to posting on this forum and your outdoor shots are very helpful to me as I like to see the balance between throw and flood. Keep up the good work.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes there will! Family matters have kept me busy as of the late though. :ohgeez:

Last edited: