Oveready V3 and AW 18650 cold test (unintentional)

jellydonut

Enlightened
Back in December I posted that I had lost my Oveready 6P+V3 Triple combo out of my pocket whilst walking outside the house. The light being white and days being dark, I couldn't find it, so I figured I'll leave it until thaw. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...=www.google.com

Well, today (28th of February), as the temperatures have gotten mild and thawing has started, I saw something poking out of the ice in front of the porch when I got home.

MDwz4.jpg

I started digging with my feet before I thought of taking a picture so it's pretty nearly up.
8CMK9.jpg

It's now been 75 days in the ice.. Let's see if it works

Utfl4.jpg

derp. You can still see dirt and ice water on it there. Well barely, phone camera.

(I wrote this when it first happened, of course, CPF was down when I went to post it.)

mrlysle

Enlightened
:thumbsup: Awesome you found it! At least you know that one is a tough one! I'm gonna get me something from Oveready sometime. Just can't make up my mind yet. Really kinda leanin' towards one of Torchlabs' triples in a bored 9P host. Seems like it would be a super light. Anyway, grats on your recovery!

boulder

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup: Awesome you found it! At least you know that one is a tough one! I'm gonna get me something from Oveready sometime. Just can't make up my mind yet. Really kinda leanin' towards one of Torchlabs' triples in a bored 9P host. Seems like it would be a super light. Anyway, grats on your recovery!

I recommend that combo! I just scored one of the neutral 3 mode triples when a few were available. I ordered a bored 9P and a couple 18500's to complete the package. It is SOO bright and I am still impressed every time I fire it up. I tested it on a single 16350 and fires up at 75% brightness which is mind blowing for a single cell. I say go for it!

mrlysle

Enlightened
I recommend that combo! I just scored one of the neutral 3 mode triples when a few were available. I ordered a bored 9P and a couple 18500's to complete the package. It is SOO bright and I am still impressed every time I fire it up. I tested it on a single 16350 and fires up at 75% brightness which is mind blowing for a single cell. I say go for it!

Hey Boulder! Thanks for the advice! Yea that tri mode triple gives me goosebumps when I look at it! Guess I better spring for it then. Thanks again.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will recommend that one too.
I have the single mode neutral in a bored 9p with their custom anodize
It's the best looking surefire I have seen, a perfectly matching dark bronzy green colour.
And that drop in is wonderful, a big bright flood that throws pretty well due to the power behind it

tuelleric

Enlightened
Missed that thread at the first time. I can imagine how happy you were getting this amazing light back!

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Like finding a needle in a haystack ... or a white ceramic/Cerakote Oveready flashlight in the snow.

A good testament to its basic ability to stand up to ugly weather.