P2D -> P3D -> L2D

smvtsailor

Newly Enlightened
Can you safely use a P2D or L2D body on a P3D head? If so, are the runtimes/brightness properly adjusted? I can't decide between which one to get, so I figure that all 3 for about $100 is a pretty good deal (yay CPF motto). Thanks.

tsia

Newly Enlightened
I have the P2D and L2D. The head and body can be swapped around so that you can use single CR123 or 2 X AA and even L1T V2.0 can be swapped to lego. Not sure about P3D thou, read somewhere in forum that you can use a P2D Head on and P3D body but can't use the P3D head on the P2D body.:naughty:

cannesahs

Newly Enlightened
P2D/L1D/L2D have the same head, it boosts battery voltage for led. P3D has different head that only bucks (lowers) battery voltage to led.

If you use P3D head with P2D/LxD body, light will be dim as head can't boost lower voltage of batteries in P2D/LxD body.

Last edited:

alphazeta

Enlightened
P2D/L1D/L2D have the same head, it boosts battery voltage for led. P3D has different head that only bucks (lowers) battery voltage to led.

If you use P3D head with P2D/LxD body, light will be dim as head can't boost lower voltage of batteries in P2D/LxD body.

Correct on almost all counts. However, IF the P3D head does in fact fit a L2D body, then one can always run two 14500 batteries to power up the P3D head.

I finally have a P3D in transit & will confirm the fit between the pieces once it arrives. (unless of course, someone else can confirm that for us now)

-AZ

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct on almost all counts. However, IF the P3D head does in fact fit a L2D body, then one can always run two 14500 batteries to power up the P3D head.

I finally have a P3D in transit & will confirm the fit between the pieces once it arrives. (unless of course, someone else can confirm that for us now)

-AZ

P3D head will fit a L2T body, I tried that. You can still switch among all 6 modes, except they all have the same brightness as low.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1D, L2D, and P2D are all the same heads with the same circuit(boost). They have an input voltage up to ~3.2v(all modes will function properly). The P3D has the same size head but with a different circuit(buck)with an input voltage ~ 3.8v-12v. If you use a L1D,L2D, or P2D head on a P3D body with 2 RCR123's(8.4v) you will blow the circuits. If you use a P3D head with less than ~3.8v turbo will flash and as voltage goes down you will lose the other modes progressively. Also with a voltage of ~3.2v to ~4.2V you will only get turbo, strobe, and SOS with the L1D,L2D, and P2D heads.

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta love playing Fenix Lego. :thumbsup:

l2dp2dahm7.jpg

I like the feel of the slightly larger tailcap & switch from the P2D. You'll need a little larger o-ring for waterproofness tho.

It may not look all that great, but boy is it effective. :laughing:

Last edited:

Enlightened

-AZ

That's a good point and I think it's the only way to make it work due to the aforementioned voltage differences.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
Gotta love playing Fenix Lego. :thumbsup:

l2dp2dahm7.jpg

I like the feel of the slightly larger tailcap & switch from the P2D. You'll need a little larger o-ring for waterproofness tho.

It may not look all that great, but boy is it effective. :laughing:

I like the way this one looks, I've always wanted a L2D in natural and this comes close:thumbsup:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the way this one looks, I've always wanted a L2D in natural and this comes close:thumbsup:
It's growing on me too. I just purchased the body after giving up on waiting for the L2D to come out in natural. The light is easy to spot lying around somewhere. It's does have a rather unique look to it. :laughing: Don't mind it at all. Bottom line is, it's an outstanding performer. :thumbsup: