P60 Drop in What Material To Wrap

KITROBASKIN

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The thermal adhesive did not work for me in an Oveready host. Maybe it would work in the wider gap of a SolarForce. The material breaks up pretty easily and will not adhere very well. The size I got was not ideal for wrapping a dropin. Good Luck.

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The size was not ideal? The product I linked to? I just saw that in a nether post. On so the adhesive doesn't work. What about the Arctic silver 5 compound? It's not an adhesive but their description says it stays put

KITROBASKIN

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The product was not long enough for the circumference of the reflector. I did not look at your link.

The size was not ideal? The product I linked to? I just saw that in a nether post. On so the adhesive doesn't work. What about the Arctic silver 5 compound? It's not an adhesive but their description says it stays put

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Just curious how you know what the product was I linked to if you didn't click on it therefore I'm not sure what product wasn't long enough for the circumference

KITROBASKIN

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Ok. Just curious how you know what the product was I linked to if you didn't click on it therefore I'm not sure what product wasn't long enough for the circumference

Granted. I am guessing you saw the thread about using thermal mat from some weeks ago.

Purchased from FrozenCPU: Fujipoly Ultra Extreme System Builder Thermal Pad 60 X 50 X 0.5 - Thermal conductivity 17.0 $15.99+$4 shipping

Measure the circumference of your reflector. See if it is more than 60mm. I still have 30 X 60 left but like to use my SolarForce L2P for different dropins. This thermal mat does not want to be made thinner, it tends to break up. Trying to 'wedge' it between dropin and host was problematic, with it getting pushed out as I inserted the dropin. Seems like proper thickness is critical. Don't have a clue about thermal adhesive use. Good Luck.

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks. Looking more at it it's conductive properties is pretty lousy

KITROBASKIN

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
In this thread are suggestions to use the aluminum from beverage cans, sanding them on both sides. Sounds good to me. Also copper foil would be great, as has been mentioned here. Perhaps you have seen the recent thread about the guy selling P60 dropins on ebay. He makes some strong claims about the superiority of copper foil and thinks aluminum foil is better by far, than electrically conductive copper tape. My tests were not nearly as clean as his graphs portray. The time that the fully charged battery was off the charger seemed to have more of an effect on my results than type of wrap. The tightness of the fit was of course very critical to performance. The act of screwing the flashlight together after replacing the battery seems to generate heat from friction, as well as the warmth of the hand on the flashlight, all affected the 'ambient' initial temperature of the flashlight. While I plan on getting copper foil without adhesive at some point, aluminum foil, applied smoothly and very tightly, as Vinh recommends, has worked the best for me so far.