orbital

+

New host,, not sure how long its been out:whistle:

TacLites 600-B

header1.jpg

M600-B1.jpg

liteboy

CPF Supporter
hello all, didn't know this thread existed! Please help suggest a good host to carry my next purchase which will most likely be a VN54 version P60 dropin for high output. My requirements are:
-reasonably available for purchase
-body/head shape and design good for heat dissipation, but
-do not want external copper head or body (don't want to deal with the patina and metallic smell)
-bored for 18650
-need high-drain switch (that matches body and head - no lego for me)
-cost for the entire host ~$200 plus/minus

thanks all in advance!!

ven

CPF Supporter
Easy option would be a bored host, 6p off vinh or a seraph host. No 18650 host will be amazing tbh with a high output drop in, but cryos bezels do help out a little. Up the size a tad to 26650 and check fivemega for a cooly! Around $100 and 26650 fed so you get almost double the mah. Better still you can still use an 18650 cell with a piece of tubing as a spacer !

Importantly and regardless of host, make sure you wrap the drop in body with copper foil or alike , this helps heat transfer away from the p60 and to the body . Aim for a snug fit, do a couple of wraps and test out, add more or remove etc till snug. I use the tape for guitars , Ebay has rolls for a few $'s! Just sees his copper tape , all though not quite as good, kitchen foil will help as well.

I really like my surefire hosts tbh, they are my fav ones right now but that's partly due to being late to the p60 party and always wanted some SF lights(will need boring out from standard form )

Cheaper options are solarforce , cheap and fairly decent for the money . Good few choices to be had....

liteboy

CPF Supporter
Ven to the rescue again. I should've just PM'd you, haha! Your quick replies really fuelling by buying though. I haven't received my rc40 and already looking for next one, arrggh! OK, I'm intrigued by your 26650 suggests though, this might be my first platform for that cell. Not crazy about the finned look through the entire body for the cooly though. are the cooly heads readily available? I wasn't looking for a lego light, but open minded if the colors match.

ven

CPF Supporter
What i would do, get a bored 6p off vinh or oveready, get a cryos (this is the z44 size, little smaller than the z32 one)bezel to match.............will look like

Love my c2's the most though

For better heat management, bored c2 with z33 cryos and triad tail cap(oveready again)

I know its not really what you want, but the tail cap will handle anything you can throw at it, the bezel will help with heat

My SF hosts and love them all

The cooly is a little on the larger side, in hand pic

cooly here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?326040-COOLY-26650-D26-(P60)-Host-By-FiveMega

Lots of options liteboy, the ti seraphs are very nice off vinh! of course ti is not the best for heat though

Saying that, my stainless L2T works well with my p60vnT mule for work

My one at home has the cu cryos

Too much weight for comfy edc tbh, but i like it :laughing:

Oh it never ends!! add me to your ignore list is my best advice:whistle:

Last edited:

ven

CPF Supporter
and then there are the big boys, love those 26650's, are they the defense hosts from OR? has to be one of the best looking 26650 hosts imo

Genna

Thanks for your help ven, I wrote a description of the hosts, but has not appeared...[emoji53]

Besides the Surefire Z44 bezel (second from left) and the head of the third light from the left, everything is for P60 and from Fivemega.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the DL hosts are of FM? I had these hosts from FM, before OR present the Defense light.

Last edited:

ven

CPF Supporter
I thought the defense lights were from oveready(2 on the far right), the bezels look like cryos ones, can tell the others are fivemega though(not too well up on fivemega tbh and was unaware fivemega made a DL)..............stand to be corrected of course ;)

Either way, they are a very nice arsenal of hosts you have there.................which are needed for some of those drop ins you have:D

Genna

I thought the defense lights were from oveready(2 on the far right), the bezels look like cryos ones, can tell the others are fivemega though(not too well up on fivemega tbh and was unaware fivemega made a DL)..............stand to be corrected of course ;)

Sorry, I've left and right confused [emoji85]

Yes, the two small 1x26650 host on the far right have Cryos M2 heads.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...urefire-C-head-1x26500-amp-2x26500&highlight=

Many thanks, but still need a few dropins. Unfortunately I did not get to respond in my thread [emoji28]

orbital

+

L2T/M 'mini'.. 18350 host

xlarge.JPG

== called a Solarforce Handy DIY Flashlight body for searchasing ;)

Last edited: