P60 for a 2 X AA Host?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
Hey guys, I've been away for a while so I'm a little out of the loop. I have a Solarforce L2R 2 X AA host that has been sitting empty since I've bought it. I would like to get it going and add it to my collection of AA based flashlights. Just wondering what my best options are for a drop-in. I prefer run time over brightness at this point. Whats out there?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's the Malkoff M31LL, or you could contact Nailbender or Vinhnguyen54 and ask them if they can make you a low voltage, low amp P60 drop in.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably have M61 or M61L... see how you like it in 2xAA setup, low output with long taper and super long runtime (24 hours or something)...

twin63

Newly Enlightened
you could contact Nailbender
I emailed Dave at Customlites (Nailbender) a couple of weeks ago to see if he was going to be offering a low voltage drop in anytime soon (the one listed on his website shows out of stock). Unfortunately, he said that he can't find a good aftermarket low voltage driver that he likes, so it is unlikely that we will see a low voltage drop in from him, at least for now.

Right now, I'm running an inexpensive, low voltage Solarforce CREE R5 XP-G single mode in my L2M w/extender and AA battery sleeve, but am seriously looking at the Malkoff M31L.

twin63

Newly Enlightened
Resurrecting this thread in case the OP is still looking....

Customlites (Nailbender) is now showing a low voltage drop-in in stock. It's a Cree XP-G2 (.8-3v), single mode, with a choice of cool white, neutral, or warm emitters.