Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
:paypal:

P60 Module
T50 flux Bin E4 4500K neutral white
2 level HI / Low
2.8 amps
Smooth reflector
CPF ID: swrdply400mrelay

Hugo2x

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened
> Cree XM-L $40
> T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
> 1 level regulated
> 2.8A driver
> OP reflector
> Thermal potted $5
> CC 4%
total $46.80 Paypal

Thanx
hugo2x

Last edited:

15palmer

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

PP sent for:

P60 module
XM-L T50 flux Bin E4 4500K neutral white
3 level Regulated Hi / Med / Low
2.8 amps
LOP Reflector - $40
Thermal Potted - $5
+CC

L2/L2P host

Thanks!

A

alex987

Newly Enlightened
hi dave i love the xm-l you send me one question is the outer spring really needed , it was a little too big in a sf c2 so i removed it .
is the function for recoil protection only or do i have to cut it and install for better operation of the light thanks
greetings alexander

jcalvert

jcalvert

Enlightened
Hello Dave,

I would like to order the following two more modules:

Cree XM-L ($40)
T40 flux bin 5B3 tint 4000k neutral white
3 level Hi / Med / Low (memory)
Regulated
LOP Reflector
Potting ($5)

Grand Total paid by PayPal = $90.00

Thank you,
John

stienke

stienke

Enlightened
Hi ,I want to order:

Cree XM-L
Smooth reflector
3 level Hi / Med / Low
2.8 amps
Thermal Potting
International shipping!

Total 50 dollar

Host is a Solarforce L2P with one protected 18650 (2900 Mah)
BTW , does the smooth reflector has a nice beam with the XM-L?

D

damn_hammer

Enlightened
hi dave i love the xm-l you send me one question is the outer spring really needed , it was a little too big in a sf c2 so i removed it .
is the function for recoil protection only or do i have to cut it and install for better operation of the light thanks
greetings alexander

i've been hanging around waiting for the answer to your question, as i have the same one.

after realizing the head would not screw down with the full spring, i tried trimming it. first clipping off a partial turn of the spring, until eventually less then half of the spring was left. the C2 bezel would still not seat. i removed the spring entirely, and with the copper tape it works. i'm not sure if it's the drive levels are flaky, my timing is off, or if i in fact should be using the spring in some way, but it's sometimes skips levels.

D

delta3

Newly Enlightened
any xml with higher voltage- to run with 2x 18650?

M

mazingerz9

Newly Enlightened
-- Cree XP-G
-- Q2 3000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI)
-- Modes: 3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp / Regulated
-- Reflector: LOP, if none then OP
-- Potted: Yes

:paypal: $40

Thank you!

D

delta3

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

Thinking of ordering the following:

Cree XM-L
3.1 amp
3 level Hi / Med / Low
smooth Reflector
Potting
$45

Cree XP-G
Q2 3000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI)
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-9 volts no memory / 1.5 amp
smooth Reflector
Potting
$40

Cree XP-E
NEUTRAL WHITE
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-8.4 volts
smooth Reflector
Potting
$35

Have I provided enough details?

Is it possible to order xm-l with higher voltage?...ie 8.4v?

simon

N

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
i've been hanging around waiting for the answer to your question, as i have the same one.

after realizing the head would not screw down with the full spring, i tried trimming it. first clipping off a partial turn of the spring, until eventually less then half of the spring was left. the C2 bezel would still not seat. i removed the spring entirely, and with the copper tape it works. i'm not sure if it's the drive levels are flaky, my timing is off, or if i in fact should be using the spring in some way, but it's sometimes skips levels.

HI

While you are waiting since I have been away from the office this week, why don't you all read the thread as most of the questions asked have been answered at least once. I quickly found this on post 173 of this thread.

Hi

It is fine to use with out the outer spring if you are not having any ground problems. If you incur any flickering when in hard use a single ring cut off the spring should solve this. A piece of copper tape to shim tight carefully applied so not to short out module will also work.

Dave

I have many times through out the threads it is fine to use with out a spring if you are not having grounding problems, it tells on all tubes to cut the spring as you have. If one ring will fit then it is better than none if you are using copper tape then it will suffice in C2's in L2P's then it will need the spring it all depends on the host. These are as short as any module on the market and could not be reduced more than about 1mm but heat sinking would be affected by a thinner board. If the light doesn't change levels or blink on and off then the spring being off is fine, the C2 and P6 are about the shortest of the hosts.

You say you are missing levels but it may be how you are switching the module. It takes 3 seconds to set a level once set it would take TWO pushes to change levels since the first is the memory level. I have NEVER seen a module skip levels unless the switch on the host was extremely flaky and being used momentary, these drivers either work or they don't. Heat can be a factor but very very rarely.

Dave

Last edited:
N

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
any xml with higher voltage- to run with 2x 18650?

HI

this is another question counted a couple of answers already asked and answered in this thread, as posted on the first page 6 volts max. I will again state there are NO drivers made in 17mm format which is needed for these modules that can accept 8.4 volts and have high amperage. The drivers have to be able to shed the heat caused from bucking down 8.4 volts to a usable 3.4 volts, it takes at least a 20mm driver to accommodate and a MUCH deeper electronics pocket to accept the large coil to cool it. I have tried multitudes of manufacturers and they will not produce them. WHile you will see some advertised at 18 volts from the far east you will quickly find these are DRASTICALLY reduced amperage modules to accommodate that voltage.
There are hosts that accept this but NOT in P60 format.

Dave

D

damn_hammer

Enlightened
dave, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post in detail. i appreciate it, and am very happy with the drop-in and support you provide. i figured it was a lack of understanding on my part regarding the modes.

N

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Hi ,I want to order:

Cree XM-L
Smooth reflector
3 level Hi / Med / Low
2.8 amps
Thermal Potting
International shipping!

Total 50 dollar

Host is a Solarforce L2P with one protected 18650 (2900 Mah)
BTW , does the smooth reflector has a nice beam with the XM-L?

HI

These are CREE emitters, all CREE emitters will have rings when used in conjunction with a smooth reflector. This has been known since the XRE days. That said I myself do not mind a smooth reflector but if you are looking for a perfectly smooth beam then NO.

The smooth reflector will have more color tint than a blended beam in a lop reflector. The corona will be more dedicated and the hotspot more defined. As I said I don't mind at all but if you are going to wall hunt then it will not be as a lop, if using in real life situations then there is not any detrimental problems with the smooth and it will have slightly more throw.

This is for each member to decide what he wants as my views may be different than yours. I sell plenty of smooth with lop still the predominate seller.

Dave

Last edited:
N

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Hi Dave,

Thinking of ordering the following:

Cree XM-L
3.1 amp
3 level Hi / Med / Low
smooth Reflector
Potting
$45

Cree XP-G
Q2 3000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI)
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-9 volts no memory / 1.5 amp
smooth Reflector
Potting
$40

Cree XP-E
NEUTRAL WHITE
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-8.4 volts
smooth Reflector
Potting
$35

Have I provided enough details?

Is it possible to order xm-l with higher voltage?...ie 8.4v?

simon

Hi

Yes that is all the information I need, I am sure you know that the XPG and the XPE will have some rings and small artifacts in a smooth reflector as I have previously stated. They will have better throw.

Dave

D

delta3

Newly Enlightened
HI

this is another question counted a couple of answers already asked and answered in this thread, as posted on the first page 6 volts max......

Dave

cool, sorry for wasting your time on these matters

D

delta3

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Yes that is all the information I need, I am sure you know that the XPG and the XPE will have some rings and small artifacts in a smooth reflector as I have previously stated. They will have better throw.

Dave

thanks again.... do you feel any of these are obsolete relative to each other? i only need two modules... throw is my main objective

N

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
thanks again.... do you feel any of these are obsolete relative to each other? i only need two modules... throw is my main objective

Hi

The neutral XPE will be no where as bright as a R4 5B2, while the XPE will have a narrower viewing angle I still think that while the XPG will have more spill the difference in a Q2 XPE compared to a R4 XPG the XPG is still the ticket.

The XML while plenty of spill the sheer lumen power will make its overall distance a winner. The 90 CRI is a great emitter but unless you need the high CRI the XML 3000k is over 500 lumens compared to 220 to 240 lumen of the Q2 90 CRI and tints are very close.

IF you are looking for the narrowest beam which many consider to be the equivalent to throw the XRE R2 is hard to be but it is much more tunnel like and still only about 260 lumens but certainly the tightest beam. I myself like a bit of spill along with throw.

Dave

PS you all are not wasting my time I simply addressed if you all need an answer quickly look through the thread as many times it is answered. I have also restated voltage on first page to help with this.

stienke

stienke

Enlightened
HI

These are CREE emitters, all CREE emitters will have rings when used in conjunction with a smooth reflector. This has been known since the XRE days. That said I myself do not mind a smooth reflector but if you are looking for a perfectly smooth beam then NO.

The smooth reflector will have more color tint than a blended beam in a lop reflector. The corona will be more dedicated and the hotspot more defined. As I said I don't mind at all but if you are going to wall hunt then it will not be as a lop, if using in real life situations then there is not any detrimental problems with the smooth and it will have slightly more throw.

This is for each member to decide what he wants as my views may be different than yours. I sell plenty of smooth with lop still the predominate seller.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the answer, I would change from smooth to LOP!

GJR

T

taratata

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I've received my neutral XML drop in yesterday, and as usual you're the man !
Thanks a lot, for all...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.