p60 question pleses!

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
howdy guys, i have a little problem! i'm trying to fit a solarforce LC-XML U2 three mode drop in in one of my surefire 6P's,and the front lens will not screw down all the way! i never had problems with any other solarforce drop-in's before,but this one is a little larger then most,my question is how do i fit this one in! use a dremal tool to the bottom to remove some brass until it fits! or what other way should i be using,thanks for your help.http://

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I wouldn't do anything to the drop in. How much more clearence do you need? As in how many more turns do you need for it to be flush?

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
A surefire P60 drop-in has sloped sides on part of it it - versus the straight sides of the solarforce. That is why on a surefire style P60 drop-in there is an outer spring sometimes supplied - to fit into the straight sided hosts.

My experience anyway - I have a high end drop-in from Vinz (Germany) that is the solarforce style. Doesn't play well with my surefire hosts.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A surefire P60 drop-in has sloped sides on part of it it - versus the straight sides of the solarforce. That is why on a surefire style P60 drop-in there is an outer spring sometimes supplied - to fit into the straight sided hosts.

My experience anyway - I have a high end drop-in from Vinz (Germany) that is the solarforce style. Doesn't play well with my surefire hosts.
Yup, Vinh's CQVN shell is also straight cut at the bottom. All my Surefire host are not able to screw down properly. But its not really an issue for me though.

Croquette

Enlightened
If you're gap is about 1mm. You shouldn't worry. I put a small GITD o-ring in it and voilà !

Here is the gap of my 6P with a modded p60 sportac in it.

2NPBC1Y.jpg

Last edited:

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
If you're gap is about 1mm. You shouldn't worry. I put a small GITD o-ring in it and voilà !

Here is the gap of my 6P with a modded p60 sportac in it.

2NPBC1Y.jpg

yep!there it is,mine is about the same,and just looks funny to my eyes! but if there's nothing one can do about it!i just fit a Oring and shut up,thanks

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gap is fine as long as there is a tight seal between the head and the o-ring. By tight, I mean it takes a moderate push to press the head down pass the o-ring when installing the head, and it takes a moderate tug to pull the head pass the o-ring when removing it. Also, with the tailcap tightened, as you pull the head pass the o-ring, you should feel a slight resistance from the slight negative pressure. In my experience, when the head or tailcap seal on my 6ps are NOT this good, leaving a gap below the head or not fully tightening the tailcap allows water to seep in.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I found similar problems with one of my Solarforce drop ins.Are you using the secondary spring? I'm assuming no since it wasn't in the photo. I found that it was the brass pill not being seated all the way but I also have another that is too long and won't let the head fully tighten. I don't mind as it is still water resistant.

ven

Flashaholic
Sure sometimes it can be the glass thickness, maybe undo the bezel ring a little(head loose so pressure off glass) and secure down, then nip bezel ring up. Did this on a C2 and it is seated closer to the body, very close(hairs width)