P60 size light (single 18650) with side switch?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might not exist but I thought I'd find out for sure :)

Ideally, I'd like a P60 sized light (such as Solarforce) with a side switch. If that doesn't exist I'd like a similar sized (single 18650) light with a side switch.

I have a drop-in that I could use if it was actually a P60 host but I'm not aware of any with a side switch so I'm just looking for something that is about that size.

I don't want any crenelation or excessive heat fins. I don't want any strobes unless they are well hidden. So basically I want a XM-L or XP-G single 18650 with smooth lines with H/M/L and a side switch.

I'd consider side buttons that ramp. I'd rather not have magnetic rings that can't actually turn the light on and off.

You would think that this would be a simple request...a plain looking 3 mode light with side switch :) I'd like to be able to unscrew the bezel to get behind the glass to diffuse the output.

If there are several companies offering something like this just point me in the general direction and I'll go and check them out.

Thanks. Start with the more value oriented choices (if any).

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman T20cs has dual switches, it's not a P60 host.
You could ask around if there's anyone building one in the custom modified discussion area
There might be some dx cheapies but I don't know of any quality side switch P60 hosts.

Zebralight Sc60 and Sc600, Maglite, Fenix Tk41 TK45 tk50 are all side switch lights.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Solarforce L2D. It has a side switch. Haven't received it yet, so I can't comment on how it works.

(Edit: I received my light and find that is as good as I had hoped. The reverse clicky is solid with a sturdy rubber cap. Ladp.1 is right about the switch. I've tried 3 different single and multiple level dropins and find the reverse clicky perfect for the job! Right now I have a Torchlab triple with Nichia 219s installed. I find the switch easy to find in the dark because of the ribs on the light.)

Last edited:

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Rofis PR21 or PR22. Great light, nice side switch. Good value. Easy to find for less than $50, even $40.

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened
I've had an L2d for a few months now and really like it for multi mode drop ins! I say that because I prefer a reverse clicky for multi modes and the side switch makes it a nice "walking the dog" light. For single mode ones, I prefer a forward clicky. Anyway, the L2d is a nice host!