P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

ven

Flashaholic
Flashaholics here in UK should have stock. If you decide let me know as I could always ship it for you if they won't .

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashaholics here in UK should have stock. If you decide let me know as I could always ship it for you if they won't .

Hell, that was hard :) Found only at eu.nkon.nl. Ordered. Delivery price from Goinggear.com was twice the price of a drop-in itself :D

The most funny moment was that all official EagleTac/Sportac dealers in Europe do not sell the module.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Great news then, did you go for the 2 mode . I went for the 2 mode simply as the 160lm(20%) works well for most uses. 100% even though specs state 600 ish OTF lm, it's quite bright and ample light. For the money it is hard to beat ! This will always be one of my fav drop ins.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes, I've ordered a 2-mode Nichia triple. Does it need a foil wrap to fit L2T SS?

Yes a little, its not over critical tbh as sometimes depending on the host i just dont bother! . Fit it in, get an idea of the gap, couple of wraps and fit again. Your aiming for a slightly snug fit. I say slightly because i had a very snug fit yesterday with a seraph and CQvn................20m of blood(yes real blood) sweat and tears.............ok i did not cry! . I had to prize it out...........not an easy task i can tell you and only happened once before. I have slices on my hands/fingers for being a muppet and not wearing gloves!.

It just helps the heat transfer to the body, and on 100% it can get warm fairly quick(regardless of host). 600+ OTF lumens is not to be sniffed at and imo you chose wisely. The single mode for me anyway is too much output. 20% which is around 160 OTF lumens(probably 200+ LED lumens) is more than enough. As its a nice big hotspot of flood, it nicely spreads out for a wall of hi cri goodness. It is one of the most useful drop ins for me(anything triple or quad, hi cri is a bonus).

I bought some guitar copper tape(check the bay of e) and use this. Only problem over normal foil is when you come to swap hosts and its not needed due to a closer tolerance. It is a right *beep* to get off!!! :laughing:

Also i am not sure on what cells your using, out of the box it wants button tops due to the physical polarity protection(what a mouthful for a plastic ring!). I just snipped it off with......snips! So i can use flat tops as well now. Of course it goes without saying take extra care from then on when swapping out cells.

Look forward to your impressions vad, have you any nichia 219B in your collection? If not, it may take a little getting used to as it appeared warm at first to me(being used to cool whites at the time). Now its just a beautiful 4500 ish tint. So easy on tired eyes............

Enjoy:thumbsup:

BriteLite2

Enlightened
this list would be more complete if we had dimensions of the dropins listed . there are so many hosts and variations with dropins it would be nice to know and save some headaches

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
this list would be more complete if we had dimensions of the dropins listed . there are so many hosts and variations with dropins it would be nice to know and save some headaches
Actually most of the dropins are quite standard in size. Its just the various hosts that have some variation in size..

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
Hey guys, I keep an older Surefire 6P at my cabin for bears and other nighttime friends and the XP-G drop-in is getting a bit dated. I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive replacement that will put out maximum brightness. I'm thinking:

>Single XP-L HI emitter (would anything else be better?)
>1-mode, no programming options or hidden modes.
>Cool white color is perfect.
>I don't need anything fancy or expensive but a reliable source would be best (I'm OK with a"solarforce" style product if it has a good track record).

I use my Zebralights and FourSeven Quarks for normal tasks, this light is only kept for nighttime noises. What do you recommend?

ven

Flashaholic
Check out pflexpro for an nice xpl HI drop in, from what i have seen/red they take care/pride in their p60's. Seem excellent value and much better quality than the solarforce ones.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out pflexpro for an nice xpl HI drop in, from what i have seen/red they take care/pride in their p60's. Seem excellent value and much better quality than the solarforce ones.
+1 yes Randy who owns pflexpro is a great guy very knowledgeable I bought a few of his lights before I came across Vinh.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you deal with drop-ins you might need this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/322217150096?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Should warn that it is being shipped with a slowest boat in the world, but definitely worth effort: it is cheap as dirt, it is real copper, it is 0.1 mm thick and easily being cut with standard large utility scissors. It perfectly serves its function: checked with Solarforce L2T SS and Eagletac P60 triple Nichia drop-in.

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you deal with drop-ins you might need this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/322217150096?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Should warn that it is being shipped with a slowest boat in the world, but definitely worth effort: it is cheap as dirt, it is real copper, it is 0.1 mm thick and easily being cut with standard large utility scissors. It perfectly serves its function: checked with Solarforce L2T SS and Eagletac P60 triple Nichia drop-in.
Wow, this is good..
On a side note: does platina on copper affects the thermal transfer?

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the link! Been looking for something like this but no luck on Amazon, rarely shop the bay of E.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, one more hint: to make easier to roll a copper (any) tape around a cylinder surface you need to press it with a finger to some hard right angle blade (a knife spine or the outer edge of a scissors blade) and pull. It will roll into a spiral itself.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I have no idea :) Once assembled I don't dismember my lights without urgent necessity. So patina has no chance to build up.
Unfortunately, i am the right opposite from you.
I am soooooo flicker minded & switches my dropin quite frequently.