p60 sized led drop-in's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
Re: p60 sized drop-in's

Has anybody tried a Surefire P60L in a Brinkmann Maxfire?

roymail

Enlightened
Lunal Tic, what 2 stage tailswitch are you using... if you don't mind me asking?

I'd recommend 2 AW x 17500's for your G3. And, I'm partial to the Malkoff M60. I think a 2 stage switch is an ideal setup.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal Tic, what 2 stage tailswitch are you using... if you don't mind me asking?

I'd recommend 2 AW x 17500's for your G3. And, I'm partial to the Malkoff M60. I think a 2 stage switch is an ideal setup.

The switch is a McE2S for C/M tailcaps Here's a link to a G3 w/LOTC I did. I haven't tried it but I'd imagine that the easiest solution is if an old non-LOTC from a G2 could work on a newer bodied G3/G2Z/G2, the guts of that switch just drop out so you could replace them with the 2-stage.

From what I've seen on the forums the Malkoff puts out a lot of light but doesn't appear to have have the best throw. Since I've got the diffuser on the light I really want max throw on the other end of the equation. Not to mention that they are like acquiring hens teeth, a bit on the scarce side.

-LT

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks PJS! I don't suppose you actually fired it up? If so, the value of $6.48 Maxfires just blows my mind. Just wish I had bought more than 2.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I just pulled the trigger on the DX Cree R2 drop in:thumbsup:. I was in the DX checkout line with $15 worth of RCR123s and I thought, Heck whats another $15 :broke:.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11836

I can't take beam shots, but will put up a video review on youtube and compare it to the Cree P4 6090 I currently use.

On a side note, My co-worker and I were using my 6P to inspect some 1200W power shelf units today at work. There was some Kapton insulator sheets inside the enclosure that were coming unglued from the sheetmetal and we needed to see how much of that stuff was falling off. He was very impressed with the light output, intensity and "soft" visual quality of the light as we peeked through the perforated sheet metal and into the enclosure. He carries around a home depot Husky 2D light, and didn't seem too happy with it after today. I recommended he look into Fenix, Inova, streamlight and Pelican too, IMHO they all offer great lights for the $$. I was nice, I didn't tell him about this place.:cool:

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
PJS, you are a gentleman and a scholar....well, at least a gentleman. lol

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Last week I got some inside news regarding drop-ins.

I promised not to say anything, but lets just say ,
there are some vvery high quality CREE R2 drop-ins in the near future...:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.