P90 in e2e...

code09

Enlightened
I read a thread awhile back about having a p90 or p60 bulb in a e2e...
I know about teh e2c...but i decided i really wanted to try this instead. So, now, ive stripped the reflector off the bulbs, but i find that when i put the p60 in, theres a huge donut hole...how do i fix that?

As for the p90, the bulb is too long, and it wont fit into the bezel without it hiting the lens...can i fix that as well?

thanks!

Moses
www.code09.com

juancho

Enlightened
You have to add a big washer to the front of the lamp, to back it up a little from the reflector, if you still have that hole you should dissasembly the bezel (separate the lens holder ) and put a rubber o ring there. what you want is to seat the reflector farther from the base of the lamp.

Expect to get 4 or 5 minutes run time before thermal shutdown (the batteries get so hot than the protection kicks in)
Also you will toast the reflector with the P-61.
For the P-90 you need a body with 3 batteries. same thermal shutdown.
JuanC.

code09

Enlightened
Thanks Juancho, i'll try that out. Would you have pictures by any chance?

Moses

juancho

Enlightened
No, it will be black around the hole, really the E2C and Z-44 bezel (C-2 bezel) is a much better modification because used the original P-61 reflector mass and the mass of the adaptor and bezel combined to dissipate the heat.
I will take some picture later.
Juan C.

juancho

Enlightened
Here is the picture of the This is Nascar mod and the E2c P-61 Z-44

E2CandNascarpic.jpg

This is one of the dissasembled components

nascardissasem.jpg

Notice the black around the hole

toast.jpg

Juan C.

juancho

Enlightened
I just forgot to tell you that you also should take out the Pyrex lens which is too thick, and replace with a mineral lens. And to put a P-90 there you have to use 2 of the new R 123 rechargeable batteries. It is a thread going on about that, look for it.
Hope it helps
Juan C.

code09

Enlightened
oh wow...that looks intensly complicated! More so than i thought at least! Thanks Juancho

Moses