P90 versus P61

DimBeam

Enlightened
Is there much difference between the P61 at 120 lumens and the P90 at 105 lumens. I am looking for a powerful Surefire but not sure the C3 is necessary. I like the fact you get 60 minutes with the P90 but you use 3 batteries doing it. If I go with a 6P I save a lot of money and get 20 minutes with the P61 at the cost of 2 batteries.
One other question, since I am not a shooter should I just go with a 6P instead of the Z2 or C2. Just what advantages does the Z2 or C2 have other than shooting? Thanks

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both, P90/P60/6P/C2.

Other than the efficiency of the P90, in the respect that it eats less batteries, that's about it. Some say the P61 has a slightly higher CCT (whiter color) and they like the round, instead of oval hotspot that the P90 has. I am ok with both. The P61 is marginally brighter.

I'll probably never find myself using the C2's Combatgrip in its 'intended purpose' (as SF intended it), but I find that it is much easier to draw and hold. The ergonomics are very nice. The C2 also has the HA3 coating, but the 6P does not. However, the 6P comes in an irresistable GM finish..

If you are an extremly heavy user of the light go for HA3, it resists wear a little bit better.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dimbeam,
One thing that really sells me on SF's 3 cell lights is the ability to use Pila 150s rechargable Li-ion cells.
But if you are undecided, get a 6P and an A19 cell extender so you can essentially turn your 6P into a 9P. Try the different lamps and see which ones work best for you. Then sell the extras on B/S/T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif