Padded Storage/carrying bag for up to 20 flashlights?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I need a sturdy carrying bag that holds all my flashlights (plus 2 not shown lights and minus both hellfighter of course :D):

qtmr.jpg

I found a Smith & Wesson bag which looks perfect. But I can not find it anymore and I don't know, if it was custom made ...

I don't like cases like Peli to store my lights .. I own two of them .. but I use them for other stuff.
I need a nylon bag that protects every lights in it.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Have a look along the lines of electricians tool bag,some are substancial nylon with shoulder strap.Inside usually elastic holders for screw drivers etc of various sizes,could use some foam in centre for extra protection.
Have a google under the said,look at images and see if any suit your needs,if so look for that case/bag........just a thought

Oh awesome collection too:thumbsup:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Maxpedition makes a Knife collectors case that you might like called the Dodecapod. Fleece lined and folds with a carry handle or maybe you could setup a range bag with molle panels on the inside a hang them there

Last edited:

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Thank you :)

I love my babies... so they should lay as comfortable as possible.
Elastic bands are not secure enough.
It must be fully padded. Otherwise I could I could no'mo sleep well worrying about there care every night

€:
@Vinniec5:
I have seen it.
But it is only for 12x 2-cr123 lights.
If I would stick to those pouches, I would get a cheap one.
But I can not find the cheaper version.

Last edited:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
400585772456 ebay number to a custom buck knife salesmans bag with padded inserts that I think you might like the idea its not cheap but could give you an idea for a bag you could setup

ven

Flashaholic
I am struggling after this ,put 131085161191 in on bay of e for a gun case,if not big enough a square rifle case.Usually have egg shell/foam inside.Could buy case and cut your own slots for lights or buy more foam and again slot it yourself.

Oh large camera bags ,these have Velcro compartments in which can be adjusted.....just another thought

Onthelightside

Enlightened
I use a Plano XL accessory case it has foam and everything is well protected. Likely not very waterproof. If you want a everything proof case get a Pelican case, its dirt, drop, and water resistant.

Just saw you prefer not to use Pelican cases... Out of ideas for the time being on a bag that would work well. I would look at Maxpedition though

Last edited:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
251397473545 (ebay) 22 compartment padded knife storage bag seems closer to what your looking for. Like VEN said maybe a padded camera lens case with lots of compartments would work too

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I have written in my first post, that I don't search for hard cases.

I already own that nylon bag. It is pure rubish. It already fell apart (the quality is very low).

I would spend around $50 for a nylon bag, that holds around 20 lights.
It should except different head sizes and overall length.

€:
FOUND IT!
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?

That is the bag I'm talking about! That is exactly what I'm looking for!

Last edited:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Nice case I like it, It looks like a larger version of the Collector's case CountyComm/Maratac made a while back. Here's a 251286377196 cheaper version of the maxpediton knife case and its fleece lined maybe you can make up a bag using them

the only place I can think of that may have knife cases like the Smith&Wesson is Smokey Mountain Knife Works, they may have a bag similar to it

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Vinniec5!
That is exactly what I meant and already have. The problem is, that lights with more length and bigger heads will not fit in it.

I keep searching for THE bag.

If the compartments are big enough, I would get two of them for my fixed knives (because in Germany folding knives are illegal to carry...)

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered making a custom bag yourself? A while back, I did. I had some extra ripstop nylon, thread, velcro, and Thinsulate after making a half length sleeping bag for my Mt. Whitney trips (my down jacket attaches as the top half). Anyway, I padded one side with Thinsulate so when rolled up and filled with flashlights and batteries, the flashlights end up being padded on both sides while reducing bulk. It is 5 feet long by about 11 inches wide, extremely light, and will hold 21 flashlights. It has 5 velcro enclosed compartments that will hold 45 AAs (3 compartments hold 15 each), 20 AAAs, and 20 123As. Your mileage will vary based on your own design.

Vinniec5

Enlightened
There's a guy selling zero tolerance knives carry cases that hold 18 knives pretty close to the Smitty bag 380824832027 e&ay