Panasonic BQ-CC17SBA Eneloop Advanced Individual Battery Charger

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Any one know anything yet about this new Eneloop charger? It claims to have four independent charging channels and LEDs rather than the paired battery channels of my old Sanyo Model NC-MQN05U charger which also has only one charge indicator LED. The Amazon description says 4 indicator LEDs but from the pictures it looks like they shine through the plastic of the charger as they cannot be seen.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two different chargers with different specifications that do look alike. The Panasonic charger has a 300mA charging current for AA batteries or 150mA charging current for AAA batteries for 1-4 cells. The MQR06 can charge at different rates depending on number of cells & charging slots chosen with rates of 560, 1120 or 1680mA for AA cells and 280, 560 or 840mA for AAA cells.

wrf

Newly Enlightened
I discarded all of my BQ-CC17 chargers. I got the ones with the batteries included (mounted in the charger) and about half of them had wrapper damage at the bottom of the cells (right out of the package). Didn't even try to use the chargers after that. I don't think the negative contact at the AA point is wrapper friendly (the AAA point may be okay but at the AA contact point the metal strip heads straight down and can shear the wrapper near the edge of the cell).

snoofer

Newly Enlightened
I discarded all of my BQ-CC17 chargers. I got the ones with the batteries included (mounted in the charger) and about half of them had wrapper damage at the bottom of the cells (right out of the package). Didn't even try to use the chargers after that. I don't think the negative contact at the AA point is wrapper friendly (the AAA point may be okay but at the AA contact point the metal strip heads straight down and can shear the wrapper near the edge of the cell).

Where did you purchase these from..?
I just ordered this set from Adorama, but have not received them.
Another question: Do you recall if the Charger was labeled "Advanced"..?
Thanks....

Last edited:

wrf

Newly Enlightened
Where did you purchase these from..?
I just ordered this set from Adorama, but have not received them.
Another question: Do you recall if the Charger was labeled "Advanced"..?
Thanks....

Amazon. Yes, had "ADVANCED" on the front. I didn't spend any time to diagnose -- $12 charger, $3 cells, wrapper damage -- didn't want to sacrifice any other cells in troubleshooting -- made a 5 second snap decision to dispense with the chargers.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was curious about battery wrappers... do they matter or are they cosmetic? Because my eneloops are peeling. I have this same charger, and I like it; the peeling has nothing to do with it, they were damaged by other stuff, I think my cheap battery holster. If I pull off the wrappers, is it going to effect the battery?

--- answering my own question...
after research, found this:
Tutorial: Rewrapping a battery
Fun. amiright?
17mm blue shrink wrap for 10440

Last edited: